Lovin This Truck..now to Modify

zare

Question

Brief intro..Traded in my 12 Taco TRD for this 16 Canyon SLT and loving it.

Owned full size Ram, Dakota, Ranger and 2 Tacomas.

Test drove : 16 Tacoma, 15 Frontier,15 FX4 and this 16 Canyon...

The Canyon won hands down.

post-154573-0-95047900-1455664995_thumb.jpg

New and old...Husky approved.

Added a matching cap,vent visors,running boards.

Looking for a bull/bush bar to fit..no one makes.. yet

question...has anyone found a bull bar to fit these puppies?

Thanks for the additional info. My frame is actually fine, almost zero rust. I'm down in S. Florida, so the only salt my frame sees is at the boat launch. ;) The goal is a truck that will haul my stuff around without ever leaving me stranded. My Tacoma has been flawless in this regard for the past 17 tears, and still runs perfect, but now I need modern safety features and 4-doors for my family. Being able to tow a trailer on the highway without having to keep the motor over 3000rpm would be gravy. I test drove the Colorado diesel again yesterday and it's a really nice package. The biggest negative is the big fat hood blocking your view in tight quarters, but this seems to be "in fashion" now. But it drives really nice, and they did a super job making the diesel motor civil. My biggest fear is the reliability. both because it's a Chevy and because it's a new model. Perhaps more because it's a first year model.

In all my research, it seems that if off-road is your goal the the Tacoma is the best choice. But if towing or seating position is tops on your list then the Chevy/GMC is the better choice. I'm stuck square in the middle because I tow a lot, and I end up off-road a lot, often while towing. My 4x4 Tacoma has launched my boat in places where a 2wd couldn't go, even without the trailer. If only the Tacoma came with a diesel, that would be ideal. Until then, it might be time to try out a Chevy and cross my fingers.

Welcome!!

Hopefully on Friday, I should be taking delivery of a 2016 Canyon to replace my 2007 Tacoma. The dealer picked it up from another dealer today and it'll go out to LineX tomorrow. Hopefully...the LineX will be done on Thursday.

I've had my Tacoma for 9 years......so I'm really excited, yet its sooooo surreal right now. When its sitting in my driveway, I'll be ready for a few beers!!! Can you say...Road trip this weekend?

Archived