Hey All! new to the forum, and new to the Chevy community, but I'm stoked to be a part of it. I just purchased a brand new 2016 Silverado LT w/ the Z71 package.

I have plans to do a few tasteful upgrades to this beauty, but run into a few "issues" which are more so questions.

the main question that i have is in regards to a 2.5 inch leveling kit, and a more aggressive tire on the stock 18s (probably somewhere around a 33"-34")

I want to preface by saying I work in a downtown area, and park daily in a parking garage. The height limit that is shown within the parking garage is 7" maximum, which scares me a little on my decision......

Good ole google says that the stock height of the '16 silverado is "73.5 to 74.17".

Now to my question - with my truck being that size stock, would a leveling kit and larger tires potentially put me over that 84" (7 ft) threshold? It is absolutely crucial to me that i do not exceed that, as if i do, i will no longer have a place to park going to work...... :(The case of the antenna possibly hitting is totally fine, i just want to make sure the top of my truck will not scrape anything.....

I am hoping someone has a leveled 2016 with tires that can provide me with some measurements.....ground to roof of course

Thanks guys!

If you are looking at a 2.5 inch leveling kit with 33-34 inch tires, you have nothing to worry about clearing an 84 inch parking deck. You will end up around 76-78 inches. I have a four inch lift with 33's on my truck and I clear the parking garage at work which is 84 inches by three inches. My onstar antenna is at 81 inches.

A search would have answered that, but if that is too difficult then a little common sense math should do that trick. Lets say you are at 74" + 2.5 = 76.5". Now the stock tires are about 31.5, so if you go up to a 33.5 you gain half that in overall height increase. So the 2 inch tire difference allows for a 1 inch gain in height. So 76.5 + 1 = 77.5 which is (84-77.5) 6.5" less than 84". You are good. There are people with 4 inch lifts and 35's still getting in their 7 foot garages with a little room to spare.

Tyler

Hey All! new to the forum, and new to the Chevy community, but I'm stoked to be a part of it. I just purchased a brand new 2016 Silverado LT w/ the Z71 package.

I have plans to do a few tasteful upgrades to this beauty, but run into a few "issues" which are more so questions.

the main question that i have is in regards to a 2.5 inch leveling kit, and a more aggressive tire on the stock 18s (probably somewhere around a 33"-34")

I want to preface by saying I work in a downtown area, and park daily in a parking garage. The height limit that is shown within the parking garage is 7" maximum, which scares me a little on my decision......

Good ole google says that the stock height of the '16 silverado is "73.5 to 74.17".

Now to my question - with my truck being that size stock, would a leveling kit and larger tires potentially put me over that 84" (7 ft) threshold? It is absolutely crucial to me that i do not exceed that, as if i do, i will no longer have a place to park going to work...... :(The case of the antenna possibly hitting is totally fine, i just want to make sure the top of my truck will not scrape anything.....

I am hoping someone has a leveled 2016 with tires that can provide me with some measurements.....ground to roof of course

Thanks guys!

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new truck! This is a great forum to research and to ask questions. Sometimes you'll receive an off-putting response but most members appreciate the opportunity to help. I agree with the others that you will be fine fitting within the 7' limit and encourage you to continue to tap into the vast knowledge base on this forum!

Thanks guys! The information is much appreciated. :thumbs:

I used to be all over jeep forums, as I was (and still am) a huge Jeep enthusiast, so i know that there is absolutely no shortage of off-putting, pompous responses haha.

Again, thanks for the verification guys.

Archived