bc-chris' 2014 Silverado SLZ Z71

bc-chris

got my glowing cup holder assembled this afternoon too....

it is two pieces of black plastic cut to fit inside of the base of the cup holder. the bottom piece is the same size as the base of the cup holder. the top piece is 2mm smaller all around so the glow tubing has a 'lip' to sit on.

first thing was to drill my holes thru the base of the cup holder and feed thru the glow tubing

then i epoxied the 2 pieces of black plastic together. once they were set i used a bead of clear silicone on the lip and put the glow tubing in place and held it there with tape until the silicone had set up

it looks much better now that the wiring comes up thru the bottom of the cup holder.

IMG_5839_zps0agf3lvs.jpg

IMG_5854_zpspzh7q1sy.jpg

hopefully everything goes well with the install tomorrow

• Like 1

so i got my add-on LEDs wired up this weekend. i'm still having either a ground or power issue, so these pics were done with external power.

i love it and can't wait to figure out the gremlin (i think the ground is the gremlin, but didn't have time to mess around with stuff)

illuminated with the overhead lights:

drivers footwell....

IMG_5916_zpsmkuxgrfg.jpg

passenger footwell

IMG_5918_zps1gwoavaf.jpg

back seat footwells (both sides)

IMG_5914_zps2vqmgzjm.jpg

illuminated when the truck is on:

center console side storage on both the driver and passenger side...

IMG_5907_zpszmynbnfp.jpg

cup holder

IMG_5906_zpslselshwj.jpg

rear storage (back of center console)

IMG_5867_zpsrsbceve3.jpg

Edited by bc-chris

forgot.... i also added an LED to the bottom inside of the center console. the top organizer is great (removed for the pic), but it blocks the 'stock' light from getting to the bottom of the compartment

IMG_5890_zpsj9wy1kw7.jpg

Edited by bc-chris
  • Like 1

I see by one of your pictures that you also did the leds for the auto recall adjustment buttons right above the driver's door handle...I can pop off the middle cover behind the door handle itself and take out the screw, but how does that sucker come off? I didn't want to force anything and it is in there tight....please tell me I don't have to take off the whole door panel (although I did it before to swap mirrors)....

IMG_1994_zpshxoxcfhi.jpg

I see by one of your pictures that you also did the leds for the auto recall adjustment buttons right above the driver's door handle...I can pop off the middle cover behind the door handle itself and take out the screw, but how does that sucker come off? I didn't want to force anything and it is in there tight....please tell me I don't have to take off the whole door panel (although I did it before to swap mirrors)....

sorry... you have to pop the door panel off :(

that part was such a pain to get to, but yea, unfortunately the panel has to come off. on the bright side, the current door panels are a lot easier to deal with than my old truck (mom always said to look for the silver lining right!! :) )

What cluster is this?? That's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks

the cluster is the stock 2014 silverado cluster with new inlays/needles installed. i got the inlays/needles from usspeedo.com

i also changed a bunch of the LEDs behind the needles

i LOVE how it looks!

sorry... you have to pop the door panel off :(

that part was such a pain to get to, but yea, unfortunately the panel has to come off. on the bright side, the current door panels are a lot easier to deal with than my old truck (mom always said to look for the silver lining right!! :) )

yeah, that's what I figured! oh well, I'm getting good practice at taking off the door panels at least! thx!

Bob

• 2 months later...

i plasti dipped the 'lettering' on my front doors and tailgate. i also dipped the red "z" on the z71 emblem on the grille

IMG_2474_zpsqjf4y5os.jpg

IMG_2470_zpsafzas4qw.jpg

IMG_2477_zpscjqyloxf.jpg

IMG_2480_zps4gdee1pk.jpg

i like it. i don't mind the chrome, but i think i like it better black. i was going to debadge the truck but this was easier, faster and i don't mind the lettering at all

• Like 2

How exactly did you plasti the lettering? Did you methodically tape all around each letter to prevent over spray?

ha - no... that's the best part of plastidip!

i put some painters tape around the area becuz there will be over spray, but you just spray it on and peel off what you don't want (so the excess dip on the truck)

IMG_2461_zpsk7kqqp6q.jpg

any over spray that went past the tape came off real easy with a little goo gone