15 5.3 6 speed stuck in 4th or 3rd gear

Recently was doing some errands in my truck and i came out of a shop and went to start the truck no ignition. cycled the key 3 times and it fired. SERVICE power steering and four wheel drive pops up? back out of my parking spot and now the trans wont shift at all not even in manual. seems like its stuck in 3rd or 4th gear. so i got it home.

before i bring it to the dealer should i take the negative off the battery for 10 mins and reset things? and should i take my catch can off before i take it in?

Wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation.

Odd. I would try popping off the negative battery cable, sounds like it went into limp mode if it wasn't shifting out of gear and if it was real sluggish. I've taken mine in for service with the catch can on but may be wise to remove it

Update... drove the truck stuck in 3rd like 15 miles to the dealer on Saturday just to have them reset the computer by pullin the negative on the battery. Everything is fine now but im glad i did it because they said its good to have that check engine light on file in their system. guys said they have never seen that before? weird as hell

yea i have the range device in at all times. dont see why that would hang up the trans tho

I'm not sure about the age of your Range device and if it has the most recent software or not but maybe unplug it and see if that makes a difference? Anything that communicates with or affects the computer whether the range or a tune would make me want to try to at least rule it out as a culprit. It sounds like your tranny went into limp mode. Also check your transmission temp to see if it's overheating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about the age of your Range device and if it has the most recent software or not but maybe unplug it and see if that makes a difference? Anything that communicates with or affects the computer whether the range or a tune would make me want to try to at least rule it out as a culprit. It sounds like your tranny went into limp mode. Also check your transmission temp to see if it's overheating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well im not sure about the software but i have put 10k miles on it with the range device. wasn't overheating. O well its under warranty if it happens again the dealer can do what they need to do.

Archived