Buick to offer a wagon. Wait... what!?

Wagons are kinda cool and if the ole lady kicks you out, it's a good place to sleep until she comes to her senses!! I have a Malibu Sedan for the wife, if it looked cool and they made it in a wagon we'd have gotten that...

I have had many cars - new and used. Big Impala to a small Chevette. A Firebird and a Mustang. And many in between.

Some were great. Some were fun. Some were not quite practical.

As one ages. Comfort begins to play a bigger part. Also visibility - as turning around and looking. Add in a little utility.

Now my dial has turned to comfort.

I've sat in most every new vehicle out there. With big fat center consoles. To smaller (up/down) windows. To hard foam small seats.

I sat in a $75,000 Cadillac Escalade that had a huge center console with small hard drivers seat. Huh? If I am paying $75,000 for a luxury vehicle I want huge fat comfortable seats. Isn't that what luxury is supposed to mean?

What my peers say or my neighbors think - has zero meaning.

My current 15 year old wagon is the best out there for me. With comfort, visibility and utility.

I don't care what others think. I don't go fast anymore. Fast was for my younger days.

And the thing is. I could pay cash for just about any new vehicle out there. I don't. Because I want comfort. A good driving position. And good visibility. And nothing new out there meets my criteria.

Hello, GM executives. Does every GM car and every GM SUV have to look like a Toyota?

Oh, and I'm not going to buy a Buick SUV made in CHINA.

And I'm not going to buy a Buick station wagon made in Germany. If I wanted a German car - I'd get a German car.

What was the last German car GM rebadged? A Saturn Astra? Hello! That one went over big in the USA didn't it.

Hello Mary Barra. I can't believe that Mary made these decisions to import a Buick from China nor the Buick from Germany. She's too smart for these decisions. All had to be her subordinates. Time to clean house at GM.

I have had many cars - new and used. Big Impala to a small Chevette. A Firebird and a Mustang. And many in between.

Some were great. Some were fun. Some were not quite practical.

As one ages. Comfort begins to play a bigger part. Also visibility - as turning around and looking. Add in a little utility.

Now my dial has turned to comfort.

I've sat in most every new vehicle out there. With big fat center consoles. To smaller (up/down) windows. To hard foam small seats.

I sat in a $75,000 Cadillac Escalade that had a huge center console with small hard drivers seat. Huh? If I am paying $75,000 for a luxury vehicle I want huge fat comfortable seats. Isn't that what luxury is supposed to mean?

What my peers say or my neighbors think - has zero meaning.

My current 15 year old wagon is the best out there for me. With comfort, visibility and utility.

I don't care what others think. I don't go fast anymore. Fast was for my younger days.

And the thing is. I could pay cash for just about any new vehicle out there. I don't. Because I want comfort. A good driving position. And good visibility. And nothing new out there meets my criteria.

Hello, GM executives. Does every GM car and every GM SUV have to look like a Toyota?

Actually no- Most GM vehicles look much better than the crap from Crapota. That being said- when I sat in a 2016 Suburban I was saddened at how cramped it felt in there. I loved how beautiful the interior was, but it was cramped. The GMT-800 and 900 suburbans were not this bad! No doubt GM like everyone else is trying to shave off weight where possible to provide the best possible fuel economy for the shitty Cafe standards. But man, if you want to drive a large vehicle anymore you won't be able to do it if you are overweight. Or tall.

• 2 weeks later...

. That being said- when I sat in a 2016 Suburban I was saddened at how cramped it felt in there. I loved how beautiful the interior was, but it was cramped. The GMT-800 and 900 suburbans were not this bad!

On my 2002 Chevrolet 1500 GM offered six different seats. When I was looking for seat covers. May have been just three or four. One was a full bench seat and another one was a split bench seat.

There is no bench seats anymore and there is no split bench seat anymore - in the SUV Suburban. As the console eliminates both. One can legally seat three in front seats of pickup truck but not front seats of Suburban. Interesting take on safety. I suppose the Suburban goes to families and GM doesn't want kids in middle of front seat. But it is OK for pickup trucks. Interesting.

I guess "luxury" means MORE electronic gadgets and has nothing to do with comfort. I do understand that some do like the "cockpit" aspect of new cars. With huge console to fit all the electronic "stuff' and cup holders and room for lunch and chips and cookies sitting right there in the center console.

Archived