How many TPMS can my truck remember

ryanm33

I recently bought a set of steel rims for the winter that have TPMS sensors installed. I was told that my 2015 Silverado can "remember" up to 8 TPMS sensors so if I had the winters rims calibrated to my truck, I would not have to relearn the sensors twice a year when I swap out my winter/summer wheels. If this is true, it would be worth it for me to pay the dealer one time to calibrate my winter sensors to my truck. But if this is not the case, I would be better off buying a tool and doing it myself rather than pay for it twice a year. I am trying to figure out what is more economical. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance

I am not sure when they screwed this up but I was able to program my 2009 without a special expensive tool. The 2014 I could not program tire position myself, they took away that feature and you have to buy this special expensive tool or pay the tire monkey at your dealership to reset the sensor positions. I guess that I will buy one of the stupid tools at some point

I run summer rims/tires and put my stock tires/rims on for the winter...2008 LTZ......I just do the calibration per owners manual and all is good.

On 15's you need the tool.

I am not sure when they screwed this up but I was able to program my 2009 without a special expensive tool. The 2014 I could not program tire position myself, they took away that feature and you have to buy this special expensive tool or pay the tire monkey at your dealership to reset the sensor positions. I guess that I will buy one of the stupid tools at some point

2011 and you can get the tool for under 70 bucks here and under 50 on fleabay.

http://www.uniquetruck.com/p-16049-kit-tpms-oec-t5.aspx

Archived