Kind of a different topic. Seemed like a decent spot for it. I didn't see anything about the Costco auto program. So here goes.

I have used the Costco auto program to purchase 2 motorcycles. One A few years back and my current motorcycle I bought about 9 months ago. My first time I using the program it saved me $1300, got me a discounted extended warranty, and Costco gave me a $200 Costco gift card after I filled out a quick questionnaire about the experience online.

The second time I used it was to buy my current motorcycle which saved me $2000 and got me a $200 Costco gift card. (I also got $1000 off from the dealer for being a veteran which was great).

The program is easy to use. If you have a Costco card you go on their auto program web site. Enter your member #. Then select what you are in the market for. It asked for your zip code. Then it recomends a participating dealer in your area. I usually go there and work out a price first, then mention The Costco auto program. It's really that simple. Costco somehow has pre discounted prices at selective dealers. Kind of like truecar I guess.

Even if you are not a Costco member but are in the market for something it would be worth it to get a Costco membership for a year for $50-$60 bucks. Like I said it has saved me more than $3700.

I would make sure they offer the Costco program for the brand you are looking for first. They don't offer it for all makes. I know they offer gm discounts during the holidays usually. Not sure if it's all the time. I know they offer more on motorsports stuff like Polaris, victory, Kawasaki.

Just wanted to pass the info. I tell people about it all the time when I hear they are in the market to make a purchase yet they seem to never look into the offer.

All I know is it's easy to use and saved me money. So win win.

I used the Costco auto program for my last motorcycle purchase. I did like you suggested...I spent $50 for the membership, saved $500 on the motorcycle, and got a $250 Costco card.

I had a lot of fund with that card. I was running around that place like a kid on one of those toy shopping sprees. I blew the whole card (+ $50 of my own money) my first time in that store. :lol:

I get a kick out of it every time I go in the place though. Where else can you buy 40% off heavy duty storage containers, a 50lb bag of dog food, and a hot and ready pepperoni pizza (that's actually good)?:D

Archived