Costco's Annual Auto Sales Event Underway

Gorehamj

18 minutes ago, jpinoy said:

I did this when I bought my 2017. After I got the price from the dealer that participated in the Costco auto program, I called other dealers and see if they could beat it and none could. Was surprised at that.

Sent from my SM-N950F using CRAPatalk

Why did that surprise you?

Figured someone would try to beat the Costco price to get a sale. Hell, even just to say, yeah, we'll beat that by $100... But not one... there were at least 2 dealers that had pretty much the same options as the one I was getting. [emoji1745] But I'm not complaining.. [emoji1690]

Why did that surprise you?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, jpinoy said:

Figured someone would try to beat the Costco price to get a sale. Hell, even just to say, yeah, well beat that by $100... But not one... there were at least 2 dealers that had pretty much the same options as the one I was getting. emoji1745.png But I'm not complaining.. emoji1690.png

With the dealer you went with, did you simply get the "Costco rebate" and had that factored in while negotiating at the dealer or did you go through Costco auto quote and have everything done through there?  I've heard you can do better on your own and simply add the Costco rebate at dealer while negotiating.

48 minutes ago, jpinoy said:

I did this when I bought my 2017. After I got the price from the dealer that participated in the Costco auto program, I called other dealers and see if they could beat it and none could. Was surprised at that.

Thanks ,In my case I didn't go thru Costco for ordering vehicle I just went thru them for there Holiday Special for 18 model year. Which gave me a extra $500.00 off purchase. I'm able to receive GMS employee pricing and was surprised I was able to get extra 500.00 off with that discount. Only thing in my case to match or beat is my trade in value. If I didn't get GMS pricing I would be checking out the Costco automotive purchase program for sure!

• Like 1

Forget about Costco and GM rebates, what is supplier pricing percent wise off MSRP?  I think I'm beating it on my own.  I'm getting ranges from 5% to over 9% depending on dealer (again not including all the GM rebates and Costco rebate).  I think supplier discount is only 6%, at least what was shown on one printout I saw.

With the dealer you went with, did you simply get the "Costco rebate" and had that factored in while negotiating at the dealer or did you go through Costco auto quote and have everything done through there?  I've heard you can do better on your own and simply add the Costco rebate at dealer while negotiating.

I went through the Costco program. At the time I was asked what dealer the truck I was looking at to see if they were part of the program. The MSRP for my truck was $55-56K, with the Costco program and incentives, it was $42K before T&L.. paid it off in just a little over a month after that...

At the time, I missed out on the cash card, but I did get 50% off accessories up to $500 off.. so wasn't bad...

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Borntorun said:

I think GM Supplier discount is about 7 % off. I just going off invoice of 18 I have deal on. Are you negotiating for a 19 or 18 ?

2018...just trying to see which way is better

Edited by outrag1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, outrag1 said:

2018...so the point is, if Costco auto program is just providing supplier plus the rebate, then you can definitely do better on your own by presenting the Auth# and Pin to dealer after negotiating.

There are a lot of different ways to get a deal done . I'm just trying to figure out if your 5- 9 % range that your in. Is that including dealer mark down only or dealer markdown and rebates.

3 minutes ago, Borntorun said:

There are a lot of different ways to get a deal done . I'm just trying to figure out if your 5- 9 % range that your in. Is that including dealer mark down only or dealer markdown and rebates.

Just dealer markdown.  Hoping to be over 20% overall.

Seems on a 18 and if you get your 9% and add rebates (assuming you qualify for all the rebates, such as financing thru GM , having a Gm lease in household, etc )and Costco 500.00 you should be in your over all range you want If I'm doing my math right.  There have been a few times that I got a better deal not using my GMS pricing and going with dealer mark down and rebates instead. Some times the GMS or Supplier pricing is not stackable with all the other rebates. I thought it was interesting to read on last line of 19 model year info that they stated it is compatible with GM incentives

I used my 18 GMC Serria  Crew Cab invoice and all available rebates.

Edited by Borntorun
  • Thanks 1