Year end deals?

I received a few internet quotes and they don't seem too good. I am looking at a GMC Sierra 1500 SLT in the 50-53k msrp range and pricing is coming in at about 6500 off. I have shopped other brands before and always done pretty well in negotiating. I almost bought a GMC a few years ago but it fell through. The first dealer I stopped at said they do supplier pricing like everyone else and the prices will be similar everywhere else at 6500 off.

So, what information do I need to know to help with negotiations? When I say I am looking for 12k off sticker and I am told there are no such deals to be had. I was hoping to see some local pricing here to use, but I'm not seeing any. Any dealers in Northeast PA to check out near zip 18222? I was going to visit Abeloff in Stroudsburg.

I look daily at trucks, for some reason it is something I enjoy to do. With that said, from what I have seen the 2017's are only getting at max 10%-15% off sticker. The crew cabs must sell better because the incentives aren't quite as good as the double cabs. Now, if you can find a left over 2016, or find a high volume dealer, you may have better luck. Good luck!

Edit: search for 500 miles and find the truck and deal you want. Print that out and show your nearest dealer, they may match price.

~$6,500 off is roughly what I'm seeing locally for the '17's. That and the dealers in my area like to show another $3,000 or so in incentives that most people coming through the door don't even qualify for (ex. "Conquest Offer"). I'm in the process of seeing how much more I can get out of a couple of them.

If you want $12k off...you're likely going to have to look at '16's, not be picky on color, etc. That is likely the route that I'll go with.

A year ago today I bought my 2015. It was a left over crew cab at the time and had only been on the lot for 3 months.

I am military so I get an extra 3k out of the gate but I managed to get 12k off the sticker of my truck. Sticker for 46.5k.

A year ago today I bought my 2015. It was a left over crew cab at the time and had only been on the lot for 3 months.

I am military so I get an extra 3k out of the gate but I managed to get 12k off the sticker of my truck. Sticker for 46.5k.

That is where I'm stuck at the moment. I know it's possible to get $12k off, so I'm just not going to be happy with anything less.

I've seen a few places offer a military/veteran discount, but it's generally nowhere near $3,000.

I used the GM Military discount site and that got me started. Then the dealership made up the other 3k or so.

That is where I'm stuck at the moment. I know it's possible to get $12k off, so I'm just not going to be happy with anything less.

I've seen a few places offer a military/veteran discount, but it's generally nowhere near $3,000.

Archived