heated seat cushions

I have a 2014 Silverado with heated/cooled seats. My drivers side bottom heater stopped working a few months ago. I figured out today that the passenger side bottom heater also isn't working. Normally we take the wife's car. My question is are the chances both elements are burnt out or is there a separate module that controls the bottom and back of the seats? Both backs work fine.

There is one module that controls both parts of both seats, but it is a cheap unit. Part number is 23192138 and it runs about $40, it is positioned under the passenger seat I believe. Given that it is probably cheaper than the heater elements and easier to get to I would try to replace it first. The fact that the backs still work means that the signal is getting to heated seat control module and turning them on so it is either going to be the module or the elements themselves.

Good luck!

I called the dealer today. $675 to replace both seat elements but they recommend a diagnosis to make sure it is that. I called their parts department. 130 bucks each. I can get them online for 80 each

OK thank you very much. I will look into that first. Do you know if it is plug and play and nothing has to be programmed ?

No programming for the heater control module, just plug and play, easy to do yourself. If you have a friend with a new gen Silverado/Sierra with heated seats see if you can swap them, free test you can do yourself. Or you can spend the $30 or so dollars and just buy a new one.

Edited by Darth_Vader

I just had the same problem, drivers seat bottom heater dead, seatback working fine. Replaced by the dealer...according to the dealer the seat bottom foam, heater element and cooling blower unit are all one piece/one part. Cost was $700+. I would have done it myself but I have too many other projects going on right now. Passenger's side seems to still be working fine.

Note that per my dealer there was a part number change on the seat bottom unit in late 2014, maybe an improved part but they are not interchangeable.

• Like 1

I tested the passenger side and it is reading 31 ohm so I started pulling the seat apart. Once I get the element out to figure out what one I need I'll test the drivers side. I assume that side is bad too

I tested the passenger side and it is reading 31 ohm so I started pulling the seat apart. Once I get the element out to figure out what one I need I'll test the drivers side. I assume that side is bad too

Where are you checking resistance? I have a drivers top and bottom that are both not working. just wondering where to start. Thanks

For the bottom cushion there is a 2 wire harness that plugs in at about the center of the seat and closer to the center console. Unplug it and use a multimeter to check the ohm resistance. From what I've read a good element will read like 4 to 8 or so. There will be another harness and plug for the back heater. Test that the same way.