2017 Sierra CC SLT 4x4 6.2 - 13.93 @ 99.4 mph

Driver72

Well ran my truck last night and did a best

13.93 @ 99.4

All 5 of my other runs were

14.0x seconds and ranged from 98.7 to 99.4 mph.

The truck is stock with 93 Octane and had over 3/4 tank of gas.

I had both my kids car seats in the back and did 4 of the runs in 4 Auto and 2 of the runs starting in 4 Auto and switching it to 2WD after it shifted into 2nd gear.

Only 1,340 miles on the odometer, so not even fully broken in. Tailgate up, no tonneau cover on which helps aerodynamics when you do, and mirrors out.

The only non stock item was I put Goodyear Trailrunner 275/60/20 tires on (1" taller than stock and more offered oriented and aftermarket wheels. The wheels and tires are several lbs lighter than stock but being 1" taller actually raises my final drive ratio which hurts acceleration and the more off road tread probably hurts acceleration a bit too. The 1" taller tires allows the truck to go to 100 mph before the soft limiter kicks in (instead of 97 mph soft limiter and 99 mph hard limiter when the shorter stock tires were on) because the speedometer is off by 3% because the tires are 3% taller, so 97 mph showing on odometer when soft limiter kicks in is actually 100 mph.

I also have a 1.5" front end leveling kit on, which makes the truck even less aerodynamic.

With the stock tires my best was 14.2 @ 97.7 and that's with the soft limiter kicking in at 97 mph, then inching up before crossing the line. So I knew I could get a high 13's with close to or at 100 mph without the limiter, kicking in and the only way to do that without flashing the truck's ECU was to put the taller tires on.

Had these newer Sierra's not have the 99 mph limiter (with the soft limiter dragging it down at 97 mph) on the shorter stock tires (better for acceleration) and without the aerodynamics hurting front end lift I have, I KNOW these trucks would be able to get a 13.8 (maybe even high 13.7's) at 100+ mph, especially if I had only 1/4 tank of gas in there too.

My 2016 cc 6.2 4x4 ran 13.86 at 98 stock. My dads 2015 cc 6.2 4x4 ran 13.73 at 98 also. Both shut off before the 1/4!

Awesome, and sounds about right where I figured these 6.2's could do. I think I'm losing a tenth or more because of the taller tires and the raised front end. That's why my ET is a bit higher on these first runs I did, but those taller tires are what's allowing me to get the 99.4 mph traps before the speed limiter kicks in, but still hurting my true trap speed because, well the tires are taller which hurt acceleration.

I'm probably losing another tenth because of the off road tread of those tires combined with the nearly full tank of gas I had (above 3/4 tank, close to the 7/8s mark).

As I stated, I think if I had the smaller stock tires on, which brings my final drive back to the stock 3.2x (whatever it is) but didn't have the speed limiter, I think these trucks are 13.7's @ 100+ mph trucks for sure.

I may even get a bit better with a bit more miles on her. 1,300 miles isn't exactly fully broken in. :)

I may give it another go in a couple weeks to see what I can get out of her, with less fuel, a bit more miles.

If I can get 13.8's with these taller tires which raise my final drive ratio, I know 13.7's at 100+ are a for sure thing on stock size tires, with proper break in, no front end lift, and with 1/4 tank of gas, which loses 100 lbs compared to a nearly full tank of gas.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived