2016 Colorado Crew Cab Z-71 with BOSE PREMIUM AUDIO

Phantomsphere

Question

Bought a new Colorado CC Z-71 with the BOSE PREMIUM AUDIO. According to the BOSE USA USA web site the system has 7

high performance speakers and includes a sub woofer. I contacted BOSE to inquire where was the sub woofer that was suppose

to be in the BOSE PREMIUM AUDIO . Their response was" sorry it was a mistake " and promptly removed the (includes sub woofer)

from the BOSE web site the next day. Huh? One of the reasons I chose the Colorado Crew Cab Z-71 was the fact that the audio

system was 7 speakers and a sub woofer . Great I wouldn't have to go aftermarket for a sub woofer.

You spend 34K on a loaded optioned truck only to find out the audio system isn't all it is supposed to be. It was a friend of mine

that commented my sound system was wimpy with no bass tone. I said its a BOSE PREMIUM 7 high performance speakers and

a sub woofer. Well after looking for the sub mounting location, NO SUB! I paid $950 for the Mylink Head & the BOSE audio, and

want the sub. BOSE thinks that an apology is their way out ? Haven't talked to the Chevy dealer Rick Hendricks yet but it seems

to me I am owed a sub. Any suggestions

1 answer to this question

You are owed nothing. I love the BOSE in my 16. Plenty of bass. Speaker #7 is the one top center above the radio stack where it says BOSE on the dash. They also do have an amplifier in the system. Only the big trucks have a sub in the BOSE system, and only trucks with the console have it. Bench full size with BOSE don't have a sub.

If it was 7 speakers WITH a sub, it would have been in the description on the build code, as the Siverado/Sierra breaks it down as such:

UQA: Bose Sound with 6 speaker system, (7 speaker system including subwoofer when ordered with bucket seats).

And this is the RPO listing on the Colorado/Canyon:

UQA: Audio system feature, Bose premium 7-speaker system

Notice, it does not mention a sub. Different trucks, different systems.

Now...if you must have a sub, to the tune of $722 your dealer can install the GM by Kicker BOSE compatible subwoofer kit, p/n 19333508.

Archived