285/65/20 vs 275/65/20

Any pics side by side to compare these 2 size tires. Recently ordered a 2500, UPGRADING from a F250. I have BFG KO2's on my 250 in 275/65/18. Wondering if there's a big difference in appearance between the 275's vs 285's???? Several hundred dollars difference in price between the 2 sizes and didn't want to waste the money if there wasn't a big difference. Think I'm going back with the BFG KO2's unless someone has some pictures that can sway my mind. Thanks

I'm running a Central Coast Motorsports leveling kit. It consists of new Upper Control Arms, Diff Drop Spacers, Torsion Bar Keys, and Shock Extenders. They are a small shop in San Luis Obispo, Ca. and fabricate their own lift kits / leveling kits which keeps their cost down. Torsion bars are cranked to achieve a slightly less than level stance. The ride did stiffen a little, but it is more truck like as opposed to the very soft stock front end feel. Check out ccmoffroad.com for more details. Pics below of the components...

Motor is the Duramax...mileage didn't really drop of any significance as tires are only about 1" taller tan stock and width is approx the same.

UCAs and Diff Drop Spacers (sideways view...truck is not on it's side...ha, ha)

post-162305-0-27730100-1498055834_thumb.jpg

post-162305-0-99516700-1498055907_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Phobby

He has some turns on the torsion bars, can tell that from the pictures.

All of these trucks have keys and shock extenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of these trucks have keys and shock extenders.

He quoted someone else.

Nice to know the setup on those two trucks though.

Both are pretty cranked, guessing the ride is not the best.

Guest Phobby

He quoted someone else.

Nice to know the setup on those two trucks though.

Both are pretty cranked, guessing the ride is not the best.

Your are completely wrong. The keys and shock extenders make them as smooth as stock. The only reason they are setup this way. I drove both ways and keys are smoother.

Your are completely wrong. The keys and shock extenders make them as smooth as stock. The only reason they are setup this way. I drove both ways and keys are smoother.

Jesus, we have been through this before, cranking bars is cranking bars...

Justify buying keys however you need to, at the end of the day all you did was twist the torsion bar, feel free to prove me wrong...

BTW, love you truck, sits perfect, perfect size tires, and removed valance looks great!

Guest Phobby

Jesus, we have been through this before, cranking bars is cranking bars...

Justify buying keys however you need to, at the end of the day all you did was twist the torsion bar, feel free to prove me wrong...

BTW, love you truck, sits perfect, perfect size tires, and removed valance looks great!

The only real difference in the leveling package are the shock extenders, I agree. It allows the shock to operate in the same range for compression and rebound dampening. Leveling gives you less fluid on top of the valving. The Dark Slate Grey ( my) truck) does not have keys. Just shock extenders and rides great. The larger tire also gives you a little more cushion. The trucks do not handle like a race car anymore, because of the taller side wall and weight of the truck.

If you max out the torsion bars factory keys, you will experience a rougher ride. I only wanted mine close to level and was okay with the front a little bit lower. ( 1/2 to 1 inch ). It's where a really good off road shop recommended.

Archived