Borla atak muffler!

Ok so i just bought a borla atak muffler i went to a muffler shop and they removed the 3rd cat put a pipe in 3 inch then they put the muffler in 2.5 inch and the rest of the pipe is 2.5 but my thing is when i step on it its like extremly loud like if alot of air is comming out i checked for any leaks but didnt find anything you cant even heat the muffler it doesnt sound so great what could be the problem ? Its on a silverado 2016 5.3

Ok so i just bought a borla atak muffler i went to a muffler shop and they removed the 3rd cat put a pipe in 3 inch then they put the muffler in 2.5 inch and the rest of the pipe is 2.5 but my thing is when i step on it its like extremly loud like if alot of air is comming out i checked for any leaks but didnt find anything you cant even heat the muffler it doesnt sound so great what could be the problem ? Its on a silverado 2016 5.3

Borea atak is one of the loudest exhausts out there and you removed the 3rd cat..... what did you expect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borea atak is one of the loudest exhausts out there and you removed the 3rd cat..... what did you expect?

Didnt know it would be that loud so if i leave the 3rd cat on it it should be loud enough to hear the nice rumble on the exhaust ?

Didnt know it would be that loud so if i leave the 3rd cat on it it should be loud enough to hear the nice rumble on the exhaust ?

It would be slightly quieter. Atak is loud, no way around that. Have them install the cat and the resonator if you want to really quiet t down. But then what's the point?

It would be slightly quieter. Atak is loud, no way around that. Have them install the cat and the resonator if you want to really quiet t down. But then what's the point?

Thats true just feel like its not even the muffler i hear sounds more like straight pipe but ill add the cat back on see if i can hear the muffler a bit more thanks for the feedback !!

Archived