Strange AC issues (not condenser issue)

I'm experiencing some weird issues with my AC and its cant figure it out. Truck is 14 Sierra All Terrain. Below is a timeline of whats going on:

8/10- AC worked fine that morning, truck sat outside all day until around 4pm. AC never would get really cold on low for the 15min drive.

8/11- AC blew hot that morning for around and hour. We stopped ate breakfast then when I started the truck the AC was working and worked the remainder of the day. I figured a recharge was needed so I attempted to do so. While in the driveway the fan was running wide open, louder than I have heard it before and the compressor was kicking on/off on/off. I added some r134a until the gauge was in the green (55psi or so) and the compressor kicked on and stayed on. Problem solved right? Nope.

8/18- Truck sat in the basement for a week as we were on vacation. That afternoon I went to get gas for the lawn mower and wouldn't you know it the AC blew hot the whole time, I popped the hood and the compressor clutch was spinning and the fan was extremely loud again. I thought great, I have a leak and it all leaked out from sitting. Checked the refrigerant again and its still where I left on the gauge.

8/21- Went to lunch and once again no cold air with extremely loud fan. On the way back home it started getting cool but not like it should be. Just enough to make the ride less miserable. After I got off work I went to check for the condenser leak which came back negative and the AC was ice cold, clutch was spinning and the fan was at a normal speed. Picked my daughter up that afternoon and it worked great even sitting in the driveway running it was freezing.

8/22- Start it this morning just out of curiosity and its back hot.

Anyone have any thoughts? There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when its going to work or not work. I cant seem to find any leaks and the clutch is spinning at all times now so Im lost.

Archived