Verizon vs AT&T

OK, here is the deal. Ever since hurricane Mathew our Verizon coverage has sucked. Calls getting dropped where they never got dropped before and it is getting to the point that it seems to be getting worse not better. Was looking at getting AT&T.

We have iPhones and love them, not going to change to a different manufacture.

So is anyone else having coverage issues in there area and if you have AT&T how do you like it?

One advantage to getting AT&T is that we have DirecTv and if we switch we can get unlimited data where now we only have 6gigs between three phones. I'm a cheap ass and don't want to pay the extra for unlimited data on Verizon. Not to mention this year our business had been down and it is going to be a tight year on finances.

Thanks.

I work in the cellular industry (building towers, not selling phones) so I'll try to help a little.

First of all, right now there are various "unlimited data" plans available from different carriers. they may begin to slow your service after a certain point, but the new plans don't have a cut-off like the old ones did. I would look into that.

Second- I would be surprised that after 1 year, Verizon didn't repair any damaged towers from the hurricane. They would not want to risk losing customers from a whole city because they didn't fix their sh*t when AT&T did. Its possible, but I would ask at your local phone dealers to find out if they know anything. They likely don't because the sales people are totally disconnected from the operations group.

Service is totally unique in any given area. You could be 100' from a T-Mobile tower but your Verizon phone has no signal. In 2017, most carriers cover almost all of metro areas, but you still may be in a dead spot. Try looking at this map for different carriers and see if if confirms the crappy Verizon coverage you suspect. https://opensignal.com/

In summary, as someone who knows more than the average consumer about cell service- my advice is to ask your friends, neighbors, co-workers who live and work where you do to find out how their service is. You would be fine to choose any cell provider with adequate coverage where you spend most of your time. All the big guys offer very similar pricing, so its not like you're going to get a better or worse deal anywhere. good luck.

I guess it depends where you live, my phone is Verizon from my business my wife's at&t. My Verizon gets better coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's can be very area specific...

I have ATT (personal) and Verizon (company), ATT is better by a long shot where I live. But I have also found that typically it's a toss up between which is better out west in fringe areas (I work a lot of remote sites).

I would not hesitate to own either...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Archived