Alpine X110 are on sale for $1300.

holy crap, you can control up to 8 different accessories from the screen with an additional module.

I wonder how much I could get for my factory 8" screen?

Edited by bndawgs

Car Play/Android Auto?

It does not have apply car play or android auto which is the main reason why I have not got one yet. How can a head unit with a suggested retail of $4,000 not have car play or android auto??

That and to have phone mirroring or to use the accessories options you have to buy 6 other adapters and accessories to make them work which is an additional $500+

Edited by Alexantics

It does not have apply car play or android auto which is the main reason why I have not got one yet. How can a head unit with a suggested retail of $4,000 not have car play or android auto??

That and to have phone mirroring or to use the accessories options you have to buy 6 other adapters and accessories to make them work which is an additional $500+

Sounds like it's already dated and that's why it's $1300 instead of $4000 now.

I'm not feeling inclined to buy all this latest electronic stuff anyway. I get in my truck and drive it. In town, I listen to AM news. Out of town, either roam the stations, XM in the past (maybe still, XM has shady marketing practices, they turn former customer radios off and on, they turned mine on after a while and started billing me again), or my music on SD card. I'm still dragging one leg in the past, I bring maps or a road atlas when I travel. I also bring my iPad cellular and smartphone for lodging and restaurant information. My truck has GM Nav and the iPad and phones are also GPS capable. Beyond that, I still have to spend my time actually driving the truck and not play with electronics, since my truck won't drive itself.

• Like 1

It looks great, but during some of the demos I saw the animations for the screen were slow to render. That would drive me crazy on a day to day basis. Swipe up for favorites, wait 1-2 seconds, swipe for nav, wait 1-2 seconds. Even the factory GM swipe features aren't that fast but this seems to be slower, maybe it's different using it as your perception is based on you and not watching someone else interact.

My main interest is updating the DAC and eventually the speakers. That and the options to turn on/off accessories is great. I wonder if there will be a gen 2 that supports android auto/carplay and a bit faster processor. Maybe once it's even cheaper I'll give it a whirl. $300 sounds good :)

I pulled the trigger on this and the Bose integration module but I'm on the fence about installing it. I don't care about CarPlay or nav, just sound quality and the ability to integrate a sub with better control. I'm just concerned about the audio still going through the Bose amp and not being able to take full advantage of the SQ the deck may provide. I also will lose the USB and SD reader in the console which is how I charge my phone and also my primary source of music (on SD card).

Going to think about it over the weekend and send it back if I can't convince myself to install it.

• 4 weeks later...

I pulled the trigger on this and the Bose integration module but I'm on the fence about installing it. I don't care about CarPlay or nav, just sound quality and the ability to integrate a sub with better control. I'm just concerned about the audio still going through the Bose amp and not being able to take full advantage of the SQ the deck may provide. I also will lose the USB and SD reader in the console which is how I charge my phone and also my primary source of music (on SD card).

Going to think about it over the weekend and send it back if I can't convince myself to install it.

Sooo... You installed it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sooo... You installed it?

I did not. Found out that the screen mirroring only works while in park. Easy enough to bypass normally but with the maestro and all the other connections it wasn’t worth messing with. Add in the difficult task of getting new speaker wire into the doors and I decided against it.

Just another downfall of the 21st century, Facebook, Alexa and the decreasing ability to easily swap out car stereos.

Pick up the x110 sra last week from Pacific Stereo for $975. They had a coupon that gave 25%off. Yes , is sounds much better than factory stereo. Time for new speakers .

Can you provide us w a more detailed review? I'm very interested now that the price is more reasonable

Edited by H-Town Silver Bullet

The x110 has built in amp , so the output with the factory speakers is louder. There is more adjustments ( ie. treble, bass and a bunch of other settings) The navigation works good . I was on the fence for this stereo for a long time . My stock stereo had glitch problems that GM could not fix after 5 trips to the dealer, so i replaced it with this. There is a few drawbacks to the non factory system, like the display on the dash now has no audio info. and you only get one usb output. But that is about the biggest drawback.. The steering wheels control are the same, backup camera works the same. There is a ton of settings and some apps that will take me some time learn. Installed myself in about 4 hours ,very easy install. A few small drawbacks over factory, but the sound difference will make you smile . If ya got more specific questions ask away..

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/5/2017 at 9:09 AM, afrank250 said:

The x110 has built in amp , so the output with the factory speakers is louder. There is more adjustments ( ie. treble, bass and a bunch of other settings) The navigation works good . I was on the fence for this stereo for a long time . My stock stereo had glitch problems that GM could not fix after 5 trips to the dealer, so i replaced it with this. There is a few drawbacks to the non factory system, like the display on the dash now has no audio info. and you only get one usb output. But that is about the biggest drawback.. The steering wheels control are the same, backup camera works the same. There is a ton of settings and some apps that will take me some time learn. Installed myself in about 4 hours ,very easy install. A few small drawbacks over factory, but the sound difference will make you smile . If ya got more specific questions ask away..

Do the display on the dash still have the speed on it.