Traded 14' for New 2017

I got a 'cold call' from my previous dealership about trading up to a discounted 2017 model. The 2014 'Double-Cab' has been pretty good, 53,000 miles, off warranty of course.

I went in & we talked a bit, ran some numbers. He ended up about $5k higher than what it would take to get my attention. For the heck of it, I checked with another, actually closer dealership I have never been to.

My wife came in for this research. The sales guy was great, some names were familiar, and there was the guy we know from church swinging through who was with management in some fashion. When all was said & done, he ended up over $5k lower than the previous dealership, and it was a MUCH nicer truck.

There were some things I didn't like about my 14 D.C.. Since we had crew previously, went back to the Crew-Cab. Yes, gave up some bed length. We also now have the fold up center front console, for another seat if needed. Since we have retired GM in the immediate family tree, we used that. I did have the 14 modded with a cap, bedliner, Winter tires and a few other things. I may be able to use the tires with the 17.

I have to do a little more cleanout then will go swap trucks today. The dog may be the winner too, thinking about a backseat kennel to let her ride in comfort.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived