Electrical problem

Dash keeps saying drivers side door is open

Won’t let me roll down drivers side window

Also can only roll down passenger window in slow steps (stop and go)

All other windows will roll down

Also dash says to roll down driver side window and roll back up

bd220f53652fa1cca6a4380df799efe6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you see a message instructing you to roll down and roll up the window, it's a system learning routine for the BCM.  Follow the instructions and see if the problems clear.

When I arrived at work this morning I opened and shut the door and the door open icon went away but I was asked to open and close window. Which I did and the reminder went away
Now windows work
But every time I open and close door the reminder says to open and close window
Weird
Dropping off at chevy today

This message usually comes up when someone upgrades their mirror. Usually pops up when the driver side harness is replaced.

Could have been a loose wire in the harness or faulty motor. Since the issue was intermittent and came back when the door was opened/closed, I think it might have been the harness.

Glad they found it and fixed it.

This message usually comes up when someone upgrades their mirror. Usually pops up when the driver side harness is replaced.

Could have been a loose wire in the harness or faulty motor. Since the issue was intermittent and came back when the door was opened/closed, I think it might have been the harness.

Just sucks that there’s problems already and the truck is 4 Months old
Thanks

Could have been a loose connector as well. I had a member who bought one of my harness for a mirror upgrade. The driver side window motor connector wasn’t seated all the way. Caused all kinds of weird issues. After unplugging and reseating, it was fine. It could have been something simple but since they were not able to find it, they just replaced things and now all is good.

Also the heated mirror hasn’t been working either
Hopefully all is fixed today!!

Also the heated mirror hasn’t been working either
Hopefully all is fixed today!!

The heated mirror is tied to the rear window defrost and if there was an issue with the harness, hopefully, this is solved?

I had a broken wire at the terminal in the door side of the main harness.  It made all kinds of weird things happen, one new terminal from GM and a new piece of wire spliced in and it was cured.  Total cost of $1 for the terminal.  This was on my '14 truck.

Finally got my truck yesterday.. I was told that initially there was paint on a ground terminal but after fixing that they still had the problem. After removing door panel they found the harness was rubbing against window motor and caused the wire harness to melt.

they replaced window motor and harness.  All Good For Now.. Just have to figure what exhaust i want for Xmas Now!!!!:D

Archived