Reverse lights in towing mirror

53 minutes ago, redwngr said:

They've been like that on Canadian ones for many years. 

I've learned to live with it.  A vehicle without daytime running lights looks unusual around here now. 

And of course the auto function will switch the daytime running light to regular headlights and taillights when the light sensor detects dusk (or inside a tunnel)

I've heard that the switch can be taken apart and the spring removed so that the knob will stay in the 'off' position.

Could probably also by the US knob from a dealer or parts house.

I’ve seen the video your talking about but I figure if they won’t turn off when I hold the switch in the off position then it wouldn’t matter if I took the spring out. The only reason I’ve been trying to turn them off is because I’ve been having a problem with the HID’s I’ve installed and I’ve been told to disassemble my DRL’s or just turn the lights off and obviously I can’t do that with my truck. Maybe I should just switch over LED’s and get rid of the problem.?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:51 PM, AX633 said:

Boost auto parts sells a part for this. Simple and works flawlessly 

Do you by chance have a link or anything?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 5:25 PM, Swerve-n-protect said:

Ok, just to make sure..... the Diode circled as #1 is for the "fogs with parking lamps" mod and the diode #2 is for the "LED lights in the mirror come on when in reverse" mod, correct??  thanks!!!

fuse box.jpg

Just did this to mine yesterday...  Thanks. Works great...  Although I have the boost fog light wiring  (was installed on another truck before I sold it)  I just used the diode this time around...

And if anyone is curious the speed turtle light flasher module still works with this mod...   https://www.ultrabrightlightz.com/flashers/

• 1 year later...

I think I can help you solve this problem. Regarding the problem of LED conversion, because we have been engaged in LED lights for many years, we can provide you with good suggestions. Please describe to us in detail the problems you are currently encountering, because Your current question is too general, I cannot know some details. Of course, if you want to replace them directly, you can take a look at our LED grille lights, which may be helpful to you

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2016 silverado ltz just purchased. I cannot get the lights to turn on. I Hit the cargo light switch and the lights in the bed turn on but i cannot get the side view mirror lights to work in park or reverse.  Is there a fuse i could check? 

B342ADEF-587C-4B2D-BC8D-D69264D32FC5.jpeg