No Trailer Plug...What is this...???

Just bought a 2013 Silverado that appeared to have towing package...it has the 6 speed trans with manual shift option and the trailer towing button on the end of the shifter...

There was no hitch on it...I figured a previous owner swiped it or something...so I bought a hitch receiver and installed it...

Then when I tried to open the cover to the plug in the rear bumper I found that it would not open even tho I could feel that there were wires going to it from behind...

That's when I discovered that twisting the plug "cover" left, the entire assembly came out...see pictures...

Apparently I need to buy a "plug" to insert in order to make it usable...???

Thank you for any help given!  :)

20180106_122034.jpg

20180106_122030.jpg

20180106_122024.jpg

20180106_122015.jpg

OK....it looks like I should have Googled this first because now that I did...I found replacements...

So now my question is if my truck had a dummy plug in it, will I have to do anything other than install the replacement plug...?

Will it be ready to go or will I have to wire anything up front or install a fuse etc to complete this...?

my 07 was the same  no plug  or hitch 

yes get the  plug .. there are 2 types  .. get the blade one  for rv's not the  round pin one  for commercial 

on mine the hot wire to charge rv battery was wired but there was no  fuse in  box under hood so you may have to google that to find the procedure to  power that  circuit ... pretty easy to do 

• 1 month later...

Before towing be aware that your are also missing the auxiliary towing HD transmission cooler. While towing is possible without it you could easily heat up the transmission burning it up your expensive tranny.  This would not be covered under warranty.

Archived