Led Light bulbs or HIDs?

So I got my 14 Sierra Denali last year, love my truck, but hate the stock head lights. I got told by a shop today that I needed to install an HID kit if I wanted my white head lights, but have others telling me just to get LED bulbs and they'll work fine in the projector lights.

So what is it? Any help will be appreciated. I need to get my beaut looking better and improve my night vision.

20171119_164051.jpg

I have the Morimoto HID kit from the retrofit source and they are awesome.

I tried somewhat decent LED bulbs before and they didnt impress me.

Also, if you get snow where you are, the heat from the HID will keep your headlight housing clear of snow and ice (to a degree)

my 17 stock HIDs are terrible.  i want to upgrade them but don't feel i should have to on a brand new truck, yet the only way i got it to drive better is with the Blackbear Performance tune, so i guess the lights are on par with the rest of the truck.  Man how i would kill to get my 04 back!!!

4 minutes ago, Scuba78 said:

i have to use the fogs, i feel that my 14s Halogen bulbs were a lot better at lighting up the road.

That's exactly how I am right now. I want to light the road up more. Driving in the country In Wisconsin with just the standard light bulbs does nothing. The fogs do add a little more ground and side lighting. That's why I want to upgrade fogs and headlights. Just didn't want to deal with all the wiring maintenance associated with these HID kits.

i have to use the fogs, i feel that my 14s Halogen bulbs were a lot better at lighting up the road.
Is your truck level or anything? Have you tried adjusting them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, ajmack11 said:

So I got my 14 Sierra Denali last year, love my truck, but hate the stock head lights. I got told by a shop today that I needed to install an HID kit if I wanted my white head lights, but have others telling me just to get LED bulbs and they'll work fine in the projector lights.

So what is it? Any help will be appreciated. I need to get my beaut looking better and improve my night vision.

20171119_164051.jpg

Since you appear to be nose high or level in the pic, make sure you adjust them down after installing them so you don't blind on coming traffic since they will be much brighter.

Yes, if you deal with snow go HID otherwise LED for sure. Both will look good and be an improvement.

Tyler

Archived