CK162 SEV 22" Rims

RunGMConly

http://www.shopgmcparts.com/wheels/2014-sierra-1500-inch-wheel-high-gloss-black-ck162-sev-single/gm/19301162-p-1233.html

22x9 - 24mm offset

Okay so I have a 2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 Z71 Crew and recently I was gifted with the CK162 SEV 22" rims, as seen in the link above.  I understand most people go with the 285/45 rubbers but I was wondering if anyone has tried going up a size or two? The 285/45 isn't enough rubber for me.  I have read of one user claiming he fit a 305 on his truck, which I believe would work, and is what I was planning on doing as I'm hoping a zone 1.5" (open to the 3.5") body lift kit will work for it. I currently have a 2" RC level kit installed. Has anyone done this? Also, has anyone been crazy enough to try a 325? Any idea how wide I can actually go? Mostly looking for someone's expertise with this and more valuably somebody's experience. I'm open to the idea to minor trimming, but not too enthusiastic about adding wheel spacers, unless it is temporarily and a modification isn't too expensive down the road that can accommodate. I think the 305/325 rubbers will greatly reduce rim damage with the sidewalls. I'm not 4x4'n all the time however I'm bouncing around in work yards and lumber routes.  

A 285/45(11.2)/R22 is a 32.1" Tire. (5" sidewall) - Don't want. 

A 305/45(12)/R22 is a 32.8" Tire. (Thinking Nitto Terra Grapplers/Coopers) (5.4" sidewall) Good balance.

A 325/50(12.8)/R22 is a 34.8" Tire. (Thinking Nitto Terra Grapplers/Coopers) (6.4" sidewall) Great balance. (But $1000ish in rubber)

I believe this rim will accommodate even larger tires, but then its a price issue as well as vehicle limitation. Given I got these rims for free, I'm okay with going with an expensive tire.   

I am pondering the idea of a 3.5" Zone body lift and removing my 2" RC level, however I also want feedback for this. Anyone with a 3.5" Body kit experience any problems or have concerns regarding strain/stress on any mechanical components, such as the drive shaft, steering column, etc. Can a 325 be accomplished with a 1.5" Zone body lift + 2" RC level?

I'm not sure how well the Sierra's/Silverado's compatibility is with a 305 tire, but if minor trimming works I'm game. Preferably a 325. I've scanned through these forums but not a lot available for a 22" rim setup. Would love to clear a 35" tire with minimal lift/cost.  I know I am asking a lot of questions here but I'm sure someone has been down this road and found something that worked without a crazy lift kit. 

So who has been down this road? 

Basically to simplify my previous post, I want to clear a 35" tire on a 22" rim as posted in link above with minimal lifting and minimal trimming, preferably on a 325/50(IF it fits the rim). Atturo, Cooper, Nitto and Mickeys make a 325/50. Curious on the Atturos given they are way cheaper. 

• 1 month later...

I am curious about this exact same topic, and there is not much to find in other forums. I have a stock 2014 Silverado running 285/45/r22, and want to increase my tire size also. (I like the look of more rubber as well). I know I’m not being much help but we are in the same boat- I’d love to clear 35s (34s would also work but seems like there’s not much out there with a 22” wheel) with minimal lift but I know just the 2” level won’t do the trick. It seems you can only get away with 33s on a 2” level. If anyone could help us out that’d be great!!

Hey. I ended up trading those for a set of 20" fuels. With a level kit, you can get some 33 x 12.5s under there. Maybe 34 if youre okay with slight trimming. A 12.5 will fit those rims. To clear a 35 you're going to need at least a 4inch lift. Atleast. Good luck, let me know what you ended up with.  I did the research when I had them but the tire cost goes up with these rims and I had a free opt out.

Archived