Crew Cab Regular (6.5') Box Config?

jono20

Has anyone seen any indication of crew cab regular box configurations existing for the next generation? Have they dropped the long wheelbase?

The 6.5' box is a must for me as my mountain bikes are too long to lay flat under the tonneau in a shortbox, but I'll never again buy into a Double Cab. Am I going to end up being forced into a 2500?

14 minutes ago, i82much said:

just fyi, a 2500 does not cost much more, if any, than a 1500.  well, until you put gas in it, anyway ...

Yeah, for sure. the fuel is becoming an ever-more significant hit though. Seems like the manufacturer rebates on the half-tons are a lot better too.

That said, the reliability of the Vortec 6.0 is extremely attractive to me so I'm keeping a close eye on things.

2 minutes ago, jono20 said:

Yeah, for sure. the fuel is becoming an ever-more significant hit though. Seems like the manufacturer rebates on the half-tons are a lot better too.

That said, the reliability of the Vortec 6.0 is extremely attractive to me so I'm keeping a close eye on things.

yeah i picked up a 2500 gasser last year, base model. msrp 44, paid 35.  it runs alright but i am sure a 5.3 1500 will smoke it and get 30% better gas mileage.  my commute is short so the gas mileage hit did not bother me too much, i love it so far.

honestly if i were looking at 1500s i might also peek at the f150.  they have a really nice heavy payload package for the crew standard bed trucks that gets you really close to 2500 payload numbers.

I wonder if the standard bed gets a different cab roof air spoiler. Or maybe it’s engineered to accommodate both bed lengths? From their airflow pics it looks like the spoiler barely makes the air travel over the short bed. 

Archived