2017 GMC Sierra Rough Idle problem

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a brand new 2017 GMC Sierra Regular Cab 5.3 and i noticed when the car is idling there is a slight but noticable vibration from the dash and both seats, I sent it to the dealership and they said that this is normal which i can't believe so, and would like to know is it really normal and if anyone is experiencing same issue.

Also when i put the car in reverse the backup camera goes full brightness which blinds everything around me and i cant see anything from the mirrors.

Thanks.

Don't know just how rough your truck idles, but if you're running regular gas, maybe try running midgrade, just give it time to relearn for a different octane. My 2014 4.3 with 65k miles doesn't like regular 87 octane. Doesn't run bad on it, just not great. Switched to 89 midgrade, and she's a totally different truck. Runs smoother, MPG is marginally better, and seems to make a tiny bit more power. Definitely worth it for the extra $3 per fill-up. I also only run Top-Tier gas. 

Still get a little rough idle every now and then. I attribute it to intake valve deposits from direct injection. Once every month or 2, I give her the old "Right Foot Tune-up" to clean it out. Hammer down getting on the freeway, then set the cruise at 75 in M4. Engine turns about 3k RPMs. I drive 10 miles to the next exit, and head home. After that, it idles smooth as silk, feels more responsive, and MPG gets a small bump. I also use Seafoam through the intake every other oil change, which works out to every 10k miles. However, I doubt you'd have enough buildup to cause major problems at such low mileage. 

Sorry for the long winded response, but hopefully it's not totally useless info (:

45 minutes ago, MixerDriver said:

Don't know just how rough your truck idles, but if you're running regular gas, maybe try running midgrade, just give it time to relearn for a different octane. My 2014 4.3 with 65k miles doesn't like regular 87 octane. Doesn't run bad on it, just not great. Switched to 89 midgrade, and she's a totally different truck. Runs smoother, MPG is marginally better, and seems to make a tiny bit more power. Definitely worth it for the extra $3 per fill-up. I also only run Top-Tier gas. 

Still get a little rough idle every now and then. I attribute it to intake valve deposits from direct injection. Once every month or 2, I give her the old "Right Foot Tune-up" to clean it out. Hammer down getting on the freeway, then set the cruise at 75 in M4. Engine turns about 3k RPMs. I drive 10 miles to the next exit, and head home. After that, it idles smooth as silk, feels more responsive, and MPG gets a small bump. I also use Seafoam through the intake every other oil change, which works out to every 10k miles. However, I doubt you'd have enough buildup to cause major problems at such low mileage. 

Sorry for the long winded response, but hopefully it's not totally useless info (:

Thanks for the reply, I am using the best tier fuel in my country which is 98 octane fuel so i dont think the fuel is the problem, but thanks anyways :) i will be checking with the dealership ship once again with a different agent to see the problem.

47 minutes ago, Aspen414 said:

No idea on the idling issue. The camera brightness issue is well known. There is, supposedly, a TSB out to fix it.

Thanks for the reply, i will make sure to mention the TSB when i visit the dealership.

Same issue on my 2018. Took it into the dealer today for the chuggle issue in 2-3 gear and asked about this. This is apparently the norm...

With both these issues on a brand new truck I'm pretty upset.

Archived