Just ordered new 18 2500

Just ordered my 2018 Denali this morning. Dealer says the Denali is on constraint. Hope not for long. Anyway, I want to buy the Duramax hood and was wondering if anyone knows where I could get one at a decent price and is it possible to make it functional on the 6.0?

I am sure that others will chime in but I remember some one else here ordering the parts for the scoop hood - but it was $$$ and I am not sure if he made it working or not. To make it work, you would also need a new air box with the top opening.

I would be curious as to why a Denali would be on constraint - hope it  doesn't last long.

Dealer didn't give me anything. He just showed me on the computer screen after he submitted my order and gave me my order # that the factory is showing constraint on Denali and Denali with diesel. He told me to call him on Thursday morning when orders normally get picked up by the factory. I'll let you know if I get any new info. Let me know if you do as well.

Checked with GMC chat and I'm at 3000 as well! :thumbs:

Here are the status codes. These are for Chevy, but the same for GMC.

1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with GM Prospec Order
2030 Order Edited by Chevrolet
2050 Order Changed
2500 Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged"), Sent to Production
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to Sequence (now becomes more stable)
3300 Order Selected and Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant (Target Production Week usually available now)
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 Bayed ("B", not 8)
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced (Dealer Billed)
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer
9000 Order Cancelled

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck.  Back in 15 My Silverado stayed at 3000 for 6 months (during which I hit the end of 15 production and start of 16).   Made the switch to gmc days after production started and stayed at 3000 for something like a month and a half.  Ordering is made to be a frustrating thing, and I'm not really sure why.   

9 hours ago, 480Ruger said:

Any change to your status code?  I ordered mine 2-1-18 and still at 3000!!!!

Still at 3000, but I have a TPW of 3/19. Did they tell you your target production week?

When I ordered my 17 Dmax  the order was placed in Dec and I picked the rig up in April.  It stayed at 3000 for quite awhile and the next sticking point was between Bayment and railhead - and they have now added some codes to the 4000 series to see how long it sits at the receiving railhead - mine sat there for two weeks or more. Things came to a head when GM called my dealer and asked why 10 cars ordered and at the railhead had not been delivered to customers to close out the month of March. Long story short, the dealer went to the railhead and brought back the 10 rigs for delivery the first week of April. When I went in to pick my truck up, there were three convoy trucks in their drive. 

It seems that the convoy drivers are paid a flat rate for deliveries within our metro area so they cherry pick the loads for the dealers closest to the rail head as they can make more $$. The outlying dealers get theirs last.  This goes across all three US brands - not just GM.

11 hours ago, cdh027 said:

Still at 3000, but I have a TPW of 3/19. Did they tell you your target production week?

On 2-12 they said 3-12 build date then on 2-26 they changed it to 3-26.  Only waited 7 weeks total for my old 14!  Thinking hard about driving up to LauraGMC as they have the exact truck I ordered on the lot.