2014 Silverado Headlight Lens Cracking

Guys, I have a 2014 Silverado High Country with the projectors and the lenses are starting to crack. On my personal truck, it is not that bad but is getting worse, but of my 15 work trucks that I have in our fleet, I have 6 other 2014 Silverado WT with the standard headlights and the lenses that are cracked even worse. See the pictures below.

I have taken this to my dealer and asked them to handle this as its starting to look really bad on some. They have been in contact with GM warranty claims and they aren't offering to do much. The Service manager spoke directly with a GM engineer and this engineer is blaming the cracking on soap from washing the vehicles. He is claiming that when washing a truck, if soap is on the lens and the lights are turned on, over time, the lenses will crack. On my personal truck, I'm very anal OCD when I clean my Truck each week not to mention the times in between when I'm using spray wax. This just doesn't make much sense to me or that GM would put a product out there that cant handle the elements, i.e. car washing soap.

The only thing GM offered was $1000 towards a new Truck, remember we are talking about 7 trucks total. Currently, between work and personal trucks, we have 20 GM vehicles (Trucks, SUV's and a Corvette) and that doesn't take into account the multiple of vehicles we have owned in the past and the number of people we send to the dealer to buy cars from. All of my vehicles have the a 100K mile extended warranty.

Has anyone else had this problem or experiencing this same issue?  Anyone on here have any contact with GM warranty that could possibly help me out?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Yes they crack and yes gm offered to replace them. I thought there is a bulletin on it but not 100% as when they said no problem I didn't care to look one up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Do you know where the bulletin was that came out on this?

I asked this originally because I can't imagine I'm the only one with this issue. I would love to get this fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know where the bulletin was that came out on this?

I asked this originally because I can't imagine I'm the only one with this issue. I would love to get this fixed.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know of one. But there could be. Biggest thing is your relationship with service/dealer. If you bit that many cars they should do it no matter what.

I don't know of one. But there could be. Biggest thing is your relationship with service/dealer. If you bit that many cars they should do it no matter what.

I agree 100%, I was hoping other have had this issue. Apparently it cost $1800 per housing yet I can get OEM set for $1000.

• 1 month later...

I have been watching this thread... I have the same issue with my 2014 Silverado double cab...100's of cracks in the right and left headlight lens.  Showed it to the garage manager where I bought it.. he looked at it and just shrugged said "probably hit a bird.... this last year I complained again and he knew I meant business this time.. he contacted the manufacturer there response was "We know we have a this issue out there but not doing anything about right now.."  dealer told that if I replace them keep the receipt.. I flat told him I'm not putting almost 2000 dollars into the front of a new truck I've only had for barely 3 yrs.  He walked off. Could someone tell me where can I get a hold of the manufacturer or whoever I can talk to about this issue...I don't feel I should have to pay one red cent to have this issue fixed..email me @ [email protected]

• 1 year later...

Researching whether or not I can just replace the outside plastic lens due to an accident and came cross this and peaked my curiosity because I have owned around 25 Silverado’s in the last 10 years and have never had an issue with them cracking, getting dull or condensation. Is this only an issue with the 2014? I only own two of them in the 1500 and I have had no issues as well for it so just seems really bizarre to me  that you have had that many in your fleet. I seriously can’t help but feel it has something to do with the way you all are cleaning your trucks because having seven is a phenomenally high figure!!! 

• Like 1