Aftermarket Tow mirror problems?????

I just recently installed some after market tow mirrors on my 2017 silverado crew cab that had DL3 mirrors on it everything worked fine but when i use my blinkers all the lights come on blinking including both turn signals in mirrors, the park lamp and my actual truck turn signals on the headlights. i know there is and obvious wiring problem just looking for some help, also the cargo light does not work. thanks

Did you get custom harness made for the new mirrors?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

@pgamboa will be happy to help I’m sure when he has access harnesses

2015 Silverado LT Midnight Edition
4.5” CST suspension lift
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This problem is due to the fact the the manufacture of this mirror tied both the Turn Signal and the Running Lights together inside the mirror. This is a common practice with mirrors that don’t have a dedicated turn signal in the glass.

You’ll have to separate (cut/omit) one or the other on the mirror side of the harness.

For reference, on the 18-pin connector, pin 1 is the running lamp, pin 13 is the turn signal.

This is the back side of an OEM mirror connector. Notice the #s on the corners. Your mirror may not have these reference #s. This is looking at it from the back of the connector, where the wires would insert into.

fc7ca59735bf098c3d90f045f908d1c4.jpg

• 1 year later...

@pgamboa I ran into this same exact problem... I undid the #13 connector and it all went back to normal. My cargo lights work and my running lights work and the heated and power part of the mirrors work. What do I have to do to make the turn signals work? 

Edited by Iceflo

[mention=159655]pgamboa[/mention] I ran into this same exact problem... I undid the #13 connector and it all went back to normal. My cargo lights work and my running lights work and the heated and power part of the mirrors work. What do I have to do to make the turn signals work? 

If this was your case, the manufacture did tie both circuits together in the mirror. Does your mirror have an indicator on the glass? If so, you’ll need to find they tied them together and separate the circuits. Once that is done, then you can land pin 13 back into the mirror connector.

[mention=159655]pgamboa[/mention] No, the mirrors do not have the indicator in the glass only the backside indicators are supposed to work as blinkers. 

Then you’ll have to omit the running light and land the turn signal.

• 4 months later...

I would like to get some help with my 15’ Sierra mirrors if someone could reach out. I’m not 100% certain exactly what I need to get them working correctly as the internet has tons of “DIY” guys who figure one work around, but don’t fix things 100% and I like to have things perfect like almost everyone else who buys a truck like these. Any help would be great appreciated.

@pgamboa from what I’ve read, you might be the person I need to talk to. My truck is. 15’ GMC Sierra duramax SLE with power, heat and LED in mirror. Please let me know what products you think I will need or any advice you have... I have been intentionally broad because this is new to me. Thanks!

[mention=159655]pgamboa[/mention] from what I’ve read, you might be the person I need to talk to. My truck is. 15’ GMC Sierra duramax SLE with power, heat and LED in mirror. Please let me know what products you think I will need or any advice you have... I have been intentionally broad because this is new to me. Thanks!

Send me an email at [email protected]. I’ll need to validate the needs.

• 10 months later...

Hi there I just recently installed two mirrors that I had bought off Facebook marketplace on my 14 GMC Sierra now I was told that they were decent mirrors they weren't the cheap ones but now I'm starting to think that they are the cheap ones they do have the LED bars The turn signals on the glass and the reverse lights on the sides I hooked them up they were plug and play harnesses Hook them both up The power mirrors worked but none of the lights are working I don't know if there's a fuse I need to install somewhere or if they're just junk please help me out thank you