Fog Lights on automatically with Low beams

I've seen multiple threads on using the diode to jump #10 and #22 on the brown block by parking brake, but when I inserted the diode I could hear the truck making a humming noise.  The amber lights were flashing at the same time i could hear the humming noise.  I tried turning the diode around the other way and it didn't make the noise, but the fog lights wouldn't come on automatically either.  Any idea what i am doing wrong?

I've seen multiple threads on using the diode to jump #10 and #22 on the brown block by parking brake, but when I inserted the diode I could hear the truck making a humming noise.  The amber lights were flashing at the same time i could hear the humming noise.  I tried turning the diode around the other way and it didn't make the noise, but the fog lights wouldn't come on automatically either.  Any idea what i am doing wrong?

Sounds like you inserted the diodes into the wrong spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/11/2018 at 3:42 PM, danmc96 said:

I'm with him (^^^^^^^), sounds like you have the wrong pins, on the plug.  I just looked at the "Build Manual," didn't see where you could have freaked the ambers out like that.  Here's a picture of mine, fogs on with HIGHs (18 to 10).  I had to use Gamboa's picture several times to make sure that I got mine correct.  I had to put the "striped end" in first (18) , and then went after the other (10).  10 should have a brown wire with white trace, and 22 should be dark blue.  I have my cargo lights on with my reverse lights (BN26 to PK26).  You can see 22, in my picture, 10 is kind of hidden.  

-2.thumb.jpg.da672a5b6412d933fd0a24585db1e556.jpg

I just got to taking a really good look at mine.  BN26 is REVERSE, PK26 is CARGO, BN10 is FOG, and BN18 is HIGHs.  My "Fogs w/ HIGHs" looks backwards.  Man, now I'm going to have to check that, before I go home tonight.

I'm with him (^^^^^^^), sounds like you have the wrong pins, on the plug.  I just looked at the "Build Manual," didn't see where you could have freaked the ambers out like that.  Here's a picture of mine, fogs on with HIGHs (18 to 10).  I had to use Gamboa's picture several times to make sure that I got mine correct.  I had to put the "striped end" in first (18) , and then went after the other (10).  10 should have a brown wire with white trace, and 22 should be dark blue.  I have my cargo lights on with my reverse lights (BN26 to PK26).  You can see 22, in my picture, 10 is kind of hidden.  

-2.thumb.jpg.da672a5b6412d933fd0a24585db1e556.jpg

I just got to taking a really good look at mine.  BN26 is REVERSE, PK26 is CARGO, BN10 is FOG, and BN18 is HIGHs.  My "Fogs w/ HIGHs" looks backwards.  Man, now I'm going to have to check that, before I go home tonight.

So if I want Fogs on with lows I go striped end in 22 and blank end in 10?

13 hours ago, FootballCoach53 said:

So if I want Fogs on with lows I go striped end in 22 and blank end in 10?

Correct!

Mine is striped to 18 (HIGHs) and 10.  With what I know about these little diodes, it looks backwards, but it works.

• 3 weeks later...

Once you so this diode mod so the fogs go on with low beams, can you still use the fog button to turn off the fogs off ifyou wanted to? If not, is there a way to have the fogs turn on automatic with the low beams, or have the the fogs remember their last state if you turn the truck off and back on?

2 hours ago, ChristopherDB said:

Once you so this diode mod so the fogs go on with low beams, can you still use the fog button to turn off the fogs off if you wanted to? If not, is there a way to have the fogs turn on automatic with the low beams, or have the the fogs remember their last state if you turn the truck off and back on?

No, once the diode is in place for fogs with lows, you're stuck with them on, unfortunately.  Even with the fogs on with highs, you can't turn them on (when back in low) or off (while still on high).  PGamboa might have a way for you to do what you're thinking. 

Archived