LED Tail Lights Wiring Questions

Hey all,

Somebody hit one of my tail lights while I was street parked and I need to replace it, so I figured I might as well get some smoked tail lights since I had to shell out some cash.  I have an LT with incandescent tail lights.

The tail lights I am looking at are these Spyder LED ones in black: http://www.autoanything.com/lights/spyder-led-tail-lights If you scroll down you can see them.

Then I was planning on using this wiring harness to add a load resistor to stop issues from going from incandescent to LED lights. http://www.gen5diy.com/Chevrolet/Silverado/P-P-Harness13/LED-Taillight-Harness/LED-Taillight-Harness9/

However I still need to find a wiring harness that plugs into the tail lights, because I don't think my stock wiring harness will work and the Gen5DIY harness plugs into the one that comes out of the stock LED tail lights.  Anyone done this kind of thing before and can point me in the direction of the right parts?

Thanks!

Spyder makes an LED tail light set that plugs into the existing sockets and has built on resistors. They also make the same tail light for the factory LED setup, with no resistors.

Otherwise you would need to get a different factory harness to go with the Gen5 resistor harness.

Look at RealTruck’s website - they have both models on their page.

Edited by DEV1ST8R
  • Thanks 1