Summer tire pressure

For those of you in northern climate, don't forget to adjust tire pressure for warmer weather. I just completed my first New England winter with my 2017 Silverado. Back in December when the temps started to plummet, I had increased my tire pressure to 38 lbs COLD as noted on the door sticker because the cold had made the pressure drop. Ambient temps were below 35 degrees for ever it seemed. Just in the last couple of weeks, we finally have day time temps steadily above 55/60, even mid 70's to 80! With the increased temps, my TPMS was showing an increase TP of 42/43 cold, with the TP getting up to 45/46 when the tires warmed up. My ride got very bouncy! I finally got around to reducing the TP to 38 psi cold again by removing about 5 lbs per tire.. The ride is 100% better!

I've never noticed such a difference in ride quality with any other vehicle I've owned because of 5 lbs of pressure. Duractrac 265/65/18's

• Like 1