Music on SDCard shows duplicate tracks and is skipping

I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado High Country and I use the SDCard slot extensively.  I have a 128G SDCard and I put a selection of my 250k+ track music collection on the card and I can thump my truck down the road (thanks to Bose).  Recently, I reformatted my SDCard by accident when adding music (long story) and then re-added music onto the card. 

Here's the issue I'm seeing.  Some of my albums are showing duplicate tracks within the album (see attached photo).  This isn't happening on all albums, but when I do go to an album with duplicate tracks and try to play them, it enters an infinite loop of skipping through all of tracks in the album and the music does not play.  

So, here are the next steps I took to troubleshoot:

1)  I took the SDCard out, re-formatted it again, re-added my music and then plugged it back into the truck and I had the same issue with the same albums (which caused the utterance of multiple obscenities).

2)  I took a USB drive and copied all of my music the drive.  There were no duplicate tracks on any of the albums (specifically, the ones showing duplicates on the SDCard) and each track played awesome.  This was using a 256G USB drive.

3)  I switched back to the SDCard and had the same issue with duplicate tracks.

4)  I repeated step 1 with the same results.

Does MyLink index the songs from the SDCard into a database?  If so, is there a way I can reset it so that I can play all of my albums from the SDCard?  If not, any ideas?

Note that this issue did not start until I reformatted the SDCard by accident.

Thanks much!

Brian

20180508_085818.jpg

Edited by pinkfloydfan123
I want to check the box to alert me when someone responds.

I recently started having the same issue with my '17 Silverado and the USB slot in the center console.
I never reformatted my stick though, I just took it out for a short time so a passenger could charge a phone.

I've also had issues where I get into the truck and the radio won't play from the USB source.

It shows that it's on the USB source, shows the track information, but won't play even if you select the play button.

I end up having to cycle through the sources and when I get back to USB it starts playing.