Aftermarket Center Caps Help

So I'm on the fence ragrding new wheels.  The styles I like either have too much offset or are the wrong lug pattern 

for the time being I'm going to keep the stock 17" alluminum wheels.  I just hate how the center caps look.  They are a cone/pyramid shape.  I think I can get the look I want by painting the wheels black and putting on chrome cylindrical shaped center caps.  Anyone know how I can find these?  I'm struggling and have admittedly weak google-fu.

thanks

Sorry, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. I'm kind of a wheel & tire nerd, but I've never seen a chrome, aftermarket center cap that will cover the factory lug nuts and fit in that lip/hole where the factory center cap currently lives. Over the years, I've seen a few aftermarket rims that will accept factory center caps, but never the other way around. 

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:18 AM, Buckshot556 said:

So I'm on the fence ragrding new wheels.  The styles I like either have too much offset or are the wrong lug pattern 

for the time being I'm going to keep the stock 17" alluminum wheels.  I just hate how the center caps look.  They are a cone/pyramid shape.  I think I can get the look I want by painting the wheels black and putting on chrome cylindrical shaped center caps.  Anyone know how I can find these?  I'm struggling and have admittedly weak google-fu.

thanks

I have accomplished this.  My 15 HD had the same 17" aluminum wheels.  I bought a second set of the same wheel for winter.  I plastidipped the wheels black, and bought the chrome caps from the factory steel chrome 17" wheels, p/n 9597789. 

What you have to do to make them work, is take all the black lugs from the original caps and swap them into the chrome caps, and remove the little black "feet" that are on the bottom so the cap will sit flush to the wheel. 

Or, if you want to keep the other caps in use, get 32 of p/n 9597782 lug caps, and put them in the chrome caps and remove the feet. 

• Like 2