Bestop Powerboard Questions

I ran a couple searches but could not come back with any reviews on the Bestop Powerboards. I have seen positive and negative online, about as much as I have for the AMP Research boards. I do not want to plug into the OBD-II port to control them so I was looking at Bestop since their boards are wired in and seem to run around $1,050 shipped. If anyone has had any experience with these first hand could you let me know your thoughts? Thank you!

If you go with the hard wired Amps read the instructions if your paying to have them installed. I looked at these in 015 when I bought mine read the instructions online “they” say to drill a hole in the floor on the truck to run power to the board. I was like F that no way in Hell anybody is drilling a hole in my new truck but found that wire can be extended and ran through the firewall instead. Might be worth checking the Bestop instructions to see if it’s the same if you don’t want to pierce your truck.

I went with the Beststop powerboards that have the remote door sensors. The wiring connects to the battery and runs down to the boards. A small box with the brains lives next to the battery, and acts as a remote receiver.

The four door sensors are transmitters that sit in the door jam, one per door. They attach with double sided tape. A magnet on the door allows the sensors to detect the door opening and closing, activating the steps.

The only issue I've had is that you have to replace the small coin style battery in the sensors once a year, and the boards have a slight squeak that needs a shot of oil/WD-40 now and then. Other than that, they're decent. 4 years and 100k miles, and still going strong.