AC question

I have a 15 Silverado and live in Houston where it's been in the 90s.  I notice when my truck is on park or not moving such as at stop light, the AC blows cool air but not extremely cold.  However, when I start driving, the air gets very cold.  To be clear, the air coming out when I'm stopped or idling isnt warm or hot by any means, it's simply not as cold as when I'm moving.  Is this normal?

I have a 15 Silverado and live in Houston where it's been in the 90s.  I notice when my truck is on park or not moving such as at stop light, the AC blows cool air but not extremely cold.  However, when I start driving, the air gets very cold.  To be clear, the air coming out when I'm stopped or idling isnt warm or hot by any means, it's simply not as cold as when I'm moving.  Is this normal?
Ytun on the ac when idling, does your aux fan come on? It should.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Forgive me, but how do I tell this?

No prob. Start your truck cold with the ac off. Pop the hood. Look at the fans in front of the engine. They should not be spinning. Turn on the ac, look at the fans and they should start spinning. The fans shouldn't run when the truck isn't up to operating temp with the AC off but should run anytime the ac is on.  That pulls air through the condenser; cooling it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks for your help.  Yeah they start when AC comes on.  The air is pretty cold when it's stopped or idling, it just gets a colder when moving or giving it gas.  Its not an emergency and I think I'll just make sure it doesn't worsen.  It's been like low to mid 90s here so it's working hard.

Edited by MegaCode360

It's because when your moving more air flow is passing through the condenser allowing for more cooling versus idling at a stop where the only air is being pulled from the fans.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m in a similar climate and don’t think I’ve noticed this.  Yes the condenser is air cooled but we have to assume his stop light intervals are normal and I think it would take an extended stop to produce this.  

Can you find someone with a duct thermometer and actually get measurements?