Hyper Flashing

I just changed all lights on my 2015 Silverado to LED. I didn't run into hyper flashing and error message until I changed the front turn signal bulbs. I purchased resistors for each bulb and wired them in on one side so far and still get the error message and hyper flashing? I shouldn't have to do the other side for one side to work right? I don't want to cut the other side if it's just not going to work. Has anyone got this to work and how please? Thanks for any input

Rears need them too. What was your test condition? Did you test with hazards? If you did, that would explain why they didn’t hyper flash.

If you put LEDs in the rear tails and the fronts, all 4 corners will need resistors.

Fronts will need a 6 ohm resistor for each side. Rears will need a 3 ohm resistor for each side. If you can’t get 3 ohm resistors for the rears, you can use (2) 6 ohms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah more info there would have helped. I have replaced the entire tail light assemblies with Spyder LEDs that must have the resistors built in. They were installed about 6 months ago and I've never had a problem with them. Also installed a Putco 48" Blade taillight bar under the gate and have never had a problem.  

I got a set of Spyder DRL projector headlights and bought a set of amber LED turn signal bulbs. It wasn't until I installed the turn signal bulbs that it started hyper flashing and displaying error message "turn signal failure" 

"side note"; It only happens when I fully engage the signal. if I just hit the quick signal, 3 flashes only, it doesn't fail.

I've learned about how LEDs register lower ohms so the truck thinks there are no bulbs, makes sense. The ECM runs the signal relay so there is nothing there to replace. So I bought 4 LED load resistors specifically for the hyper flashing and error message. "See Pics" The resistors were not plug and play on the socket side so I used the sockets that were on the lights and wired 2 of them inline on the passenger side. One for each bulb. Bulbs work but, still have hyper flashing and error message. To test, I fully engaged the signal handle, I didn't use the hazards. 

Note that if I put back in the original bulbs, everything works fine and the original bulbs are installed on the driver during testing.

The only thing I can think is I've got a bad set of No Name resistors..

20180618_070408.jpg

Yeah - The error message won’t until until 3 blinks. Then you’ll get the message. The DIC should tell you if it’s front/rear, right/left for the failure.

The Spyder tails should have build in resistors. Check your DIC and see where the issue is being reported. Those error cancelling resistors don’t show specs so it’s hard to say... but I’ve never had luck with those.

I also learned that hose plug in style connectors and insert either way. So check to make sure if the same issue is exhibited when plugged in flipped.

I also did the dl8 to dl3 mirror upgrade recently, I'm sure you're aware of but, everything works fine with the original turn signal bulbs in so I don't think the new signals in the mirrors could be causing any trouble?

• Like 1

Phil, I have an odd issue similar to this.  The passenger side tail light will hyper flash the turn signal.   And I have tube style led tail lights as well as headlights.  The passenger rear turn signal is the only one with the issue.  I have just noticed that the battery gauge is nornally at 14 but I see it dip down to 11 and that is when the hyper flash happens.  Would this be an electrical issue or does it sound like I need to replace my battery.  The gauge fluctuates from 14 to 11 at random.  Keep in mind I do have the resistors on and all other lights function as they should.

• Like 1

I also did the dl8 to dl3 mirror upgrade recently, I'm sure you're aware of but, everything works fine with the original turn signal bulbs in so I don't think the new signals in the mirrors could be causing any trouble?

Mirrors won’t have any effect. If the arrow on the glass blinks when signaling, they are fine.

Phil, I have an odd issue similar to this.  The passenger side tail light will hyper flash the turn signal.   And I have tube style led tail lights as well as headlights.  The passenger rear turn signal is the only one with the issue.  I have just noticed that the battery gauge is nornally at 14 but I see it dip down to 11 and that is when the hyper flash happens.  Would this be an electrical issue or does it sound like I need to replace my battery.  The gauge fluctuates from 14 to 11 at random.  Keep in mind I do have the resistors on and all other lights function as they should.

I would take note of the DIC and see which signal is causing the failure and start there. Remove the light (tail light or headlight - whichever is producing the error) and go from there. If you have your factory light, does the error go away when reinstalled? I don’t know what “tube style” tail light means.

If using aftermarket lights, try to reinstall the factory if you have it. If you installed an LED bulb in favor of incandescent, try to replace back with an incandescent. If you have an incandescent bulb, maybe it is just out.

The hyper flash is indicative of a bulb failure. Resistors added to those that upgrade to LED increase the resistance in the line, making the BCM think it’s pulling the right power. Try to replace the resistor.

Resistors do go bad.

Screenshot_20180619-184936_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20180619-184945_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20180619-185005_eBay.jpg

• Like 1

Screenshot_20180619-184936_eBay.thumb.jpg.a2504eab9b85a2fa5248139a64fddf91.jpg
Screenshot_20180619-184945_eBay.thumb.jpg.42e30a434f9e566b237d35ccb4ff0650.jpg
Screenshot_20180619-185005_eBay.thumb.jpg.47afd5a50180184719c1e0e17d0443df.jpg

Do you have your factory light you can reinstall and see if the issue still occurs?