Buzzing noise coming from under truck

5 hours ago, daleone3 said:

Fuel pump? Not much else under there that draws power and would sound like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure man I’ve been under it and it sounds like it’s somewhere in the bell housing ...it almost sounds like a small gear grinding 

Edited by tndeerhunter125

Not sure man I’ve been under it and it sounds like it’s somewhere in the bell housing ...it almost sounds like a small gear grinding 

Flywheel related maybe. At idle there is not load but under load whatever it is if increasing speed

The weird thing is I only notice it after I’ve been driving for a while and truck is up to temp, hopefully it’s something simple. I’m hoping it’s not in the trans or anything to do with oil/trans pump 

Almost sounds like the flywheel hitting the cover. Could be loose or cracked. Under load it goes out of round and hits the flywheel cover. Easy enough to check. Out a hand on the cover and run up the rpm’s

• 1 year later...

Did you ever figure out what the buzzing noise is.  I have the same exact noise under the same circumstances.  Haven’t taken it to a dealer because in order to get it to make that noise you have to drive it for awhile.

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, JustGotmyTruck said:

Did you end up finding out what was going on? Or just sell the truck? 

Welcome to the site.

If you are talking about the "buzzing noise" you hear when you open your door, fuel pump priming the lines.