If you can't find your RPO codes on your Silverado.....

So I got a2018 silverado 1500 and I was trying to find the frickin RPO codes for it, and everyone says the sticker is in the glovebox.  NOPE, there is no sticker in the glove box, so they said look on the driver door,  NOPE, nothing there either.  Down between the doors on my crew cab, is a SILVER sticker which shows tire pressure, etc, but no RPO codes.  BUT, it has one of those QR codes on it.  I thought i wonder what happens if i scan that damn thing.   BANG,, THERE ARE THE RPO CODES.   Not sure what you do if you own a flip phone rather than a smart phone.

SO, try scanning that stupid QR code and you will find your RPOs.  AIN"T TECHNOLOGY WONDERFUL???

Edited by zeke1883
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, D_Mackler said:

The sticker is in the upper glove box, not the lower. I sell camper shells and tonneaus, so I have to look at that sticker for paint codes. It's in the upper glove box on every new Chevy/GMC I have seen...

Not anymore for most of the RPO codes.  GM moved them to QR codes that you have to scan (but the paint code is still the small number located below the QR code):

https://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=9801

Edited by sk

Sorry to disagree with you........ I have looked at the glove box 5 times, and the only sticker in there is something about using the truck with a slide in camper.

THERE IS NO RPO CODE STICKER IN EITHER HALF OF THE GLOVEBOX.

Even then , when I looked up the RPO codes online there are about 12 that I can't seem to find any information on.  I thought this would tell me what interior I have in the truck as far as color and material.  Ok, according to the post above, the paint code is 130X which is below the QR code.

Edited by zeke1883

Sure. As. Shit... That's gonna be a nightmare explaining why I'm using my phone to scan the sticker to a 90 year old man... They already thought it was smoke and mirrors when i got the paint code out of the glove box. Thanks gm....