XM radio keeps switching to categories screen

So this is starting to become very frustrating. When I’m listening to XM, the screen will randomly switch to the categories screen and then back to the normal radio display. It mostly does this when in accessories mode but sometimes while the engine is running. Is this something that can be fixed with a software update/refresh or am I looking at a new radio? 2015 Sierra SLT that isn’t even 3 years old yet but I’m well past the mileage warranty.

I have a video of it doing it but can’t figure out how to post it on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 things come to mind, and I'm shooting from the hip here because I'm not aware what your truck came with radio wise.

1. Have you ever 'favorited' a song/band/album whatever on Sirius/XM.  Some radios have that feature and will alert you when that song/band plays.  It could be that feature doing an intermittent search for things you've favorited.

2. Have you done a screen calibration?  It could be the radio sensing erratic interference as 'touches'.  I'm not near my truck now but there is a calibration selection in the menu somewhere.

• Like 1

2 things come to mind, and I'm shooting from the hip here because I'm not aware what your truck came with radio wise.

1. Have you ever 'favorited' a song/band/album whatever on Sirius/XM.  Some radios have that feature and will alert you when that song/band plays.  It could be that feature doing an intermittent search for things you've favorited.

2. Have you done a screen calibration?  It could be the radio sensing erratic interference as 'touches'.  I'm not near my truck now but there is a calibration selection in the menu somewhere.

Def never did #1 but I will try #2.

Cool!  I hope it actually fixed it.

It appears I spoke too soon. It was fine all day until driving home from work tonight. Even had the dealer update the software when I was in for service yesterday. Guess I need a new radio. Sucks cause my truck doesn’t turn 3 for another 3 weeks but I’m over mileage so they won’t cover it. American vehicles have terrible warranties and now I see why.

So I found this video on YouTube which is the exact same thing my truck is doing. His happened under warranty and even replacing the radio didn’t fix it. GM wound up buying his truck back.

It’s so freaking annoying while driving. Then I hit the home button just so that it would stop distracting me and the home screen went into edit mode and started moving the apps all over the place so all the apps are spread out over 3 “pages” now instead of just 1.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue with my truck.  It has gone as far as switching radio stations and trying to disconnect my phone from bluetooth.  I discussed with the dealer and they recommended I replace the HMI module.  So I purchased a new OEM module from eBay (my truck also out of warranty and was $200 cheaper than at the dealer) and they installed it but it's still having the same issues.

I'm having the same issue with my truck.  It has gone as far as switching radio stations and trying to disconnect my phone from bluetooth.  I discussed with the dealer and they recommended I replace the HMI module.  So I purchased a new OEM module from eBay (my truck also out of warranty and was $200 cheaper than at the dealer) and they installed it but it's still having the same issues.

I just got mine fixed while I was on vacation last week. They said it was an internal short in the radio control unit and installed a new radio. Seems to have fixed the issue entirely, although yours sounds like it’s doing things mine wasn’t. I wish I had just connected a different radio and see if that fixed it because I would have gone aftermarket rather than a new oem. Apparently there’s a TSB out for it but I don’t know the #.