Microphone command issues. Voice detection

I have a 2015 .5 GMC Sierra Denali trim level. I have a microphone right above my driver's visor on the ceiling. It's been replaced with the Dealer's warranty due to the antenna leaking and causing the microphone to fail with static. This repair was done 8 months ago. Yesterday out of the blue I hit the button to do a voice phone call and on the screen on the dashboard it said "voice recognition not detected"

I shut the truck down restarted it and the same thing happens over and over again I hear the female voice telling me what to do but she doesn't hear me making my requests.

Anything related to the antenna leaking has been warranted to 120000 miles I currently have 40,000 miles. So bringing it to the dealership shouldn't be an issue.

As you know when things go to the dealer for one thing it comes back with five more problems.

Has anyone else experienced this type of issue with their OnStar related microphone voice detection? If so would you be kind enough to let me know what your remedy was. Or, if this is something you are aware of and maybe of an assistance I would be greatly appreciative of any comments or advice.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2018 at 11:59 AM, KJS Sullivan said:

I have a 2015 .5 GMC Sierra Denali trim level. I have a microphone right above my driver's visor on the ceiling. It's been replaced with the Dealer's warranty due to the antenna leaking and causing the microphone to fail with static. This repair was done 8 months ago. Yesterday out of the blue I hit the button to do a voice phone call and on the screen on the dashboard it said "voice recognition not detected"

I shut the truck down restarted it and the same thing happens over and over again I hear the female voice telling me what to do but she doesn't hear me making my requests.

Anything related to the antenna leaking has been warranted to 120000 miles I currently have 40,000 miles. So bringing it to the dealership shouldn't be an issue.

As you know when things go to the dealer for one thing it comes back with five more problems.

Has anyone else experienced this type of issue with their OnStar related microphone voice detection? If so would you be kind enough to let me know what your remedy was. Or, if this is something you are aware of and maybe of an assistance I would be greatly appreciative of any comments or advice.

Thank you

Hi, Kevin. We understand how important it is for you to have a positive ownership experience with your Sierra Denali. If you’re considering re-visiting your servicing GM dealership, we would be happy to work alongside them, to provide an additional layer of support. Thank you. 

Anthony J.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, Kevin. We understand how important it is for you to have a positive ownership experience with your Sierra Denali. If you’re considering re-visiting your servicing GM dealership, we would be happy to work alongside them, to provide an additional layer of support. Thank you. 

Anthony J.

Thank you. I'm bringing it in this week. Regular service and antenna leaking and related problems to leaking, microphone etc. Will keep posting results

• 3 months later...

I have the same issue with the added problem of the GPS antenna getting destroyed twice by water in the shark fin antenna housing. My 2015 Silverado High Country is out of warranty and I am worried this will defect will be repeated many times in the years to come. My vehicles usually last 10 years before trading but this one is testing my patience.