Cloning Remotes

Evening all. New to the forum.  Hope someone has an answer for me.  So I had my 2016 Silverado LTZ broken into today. No sign of forced entry. Positive I locked the doors. My question is this:  is it possible to clone the remote.  Called Chevrolet and they swear it's not possible because of the proprietary software needed. Anyone know for sure? Thanks.

The name brand of the original device is called Rolljam. Someone basically waits with a code grabber and jammer for you to lock your truck with the fob. It jams the first send of the code so your truck does not get it all the while saving the code. You then realize it didn't lock so you send it again. The device grabs the second key then broadcasts the first so your truck locks. They then wait for you to go away and unlock your truck with the saved code.

The device is about the size of a cell phone. This happened to my wife. She thought there was something wrong with her car and called me. I told her to lock it manually which on hers arms the factory alarm and won't let the fob work without key unlocking the door. A few minutes later a couple of guys were getting frustrated when their device would not open the car.

Works with garage door openers as well.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Wow. Is there any way to block the cloned fob? They stole my license from my truck so they have my address. Does this mean they can come by any time and help themselves to things in my truck?