17 Silverado transmission quivering when cold

I just bought a used 17 chevy Silverado 5.3 6speed with 13,000 miles. When I first start up the truck it hesitates all the way up the road. After a few blocks it gets better. When I'm going 25 through my neighborhood the trans acts like it quivers. It feels weird. I dont know how to describe it. It's only under light throttle. Full throttle feels great. Any body else?

Edited by Jer540

Might want to read some threads about the torque converter shudders.  There are multiple TSBs on this issue and remedies that range from reprogramming the trans, to a full trans fluid flush, to replacing the torque converter, to full trans replacement.

I have the exact build of truck and mine has done the same thing from new, of course dealer could not duplicate. only cold , light throttle for a block or two then its gone. I have 8000 kms on it.

Thank you for starting this thread. I have a 2017 GMC and the same exact thing is occurring to me. After sitting for a night, in the morning on my way to work, the truck feels like the transmission is hesitating or hunting for about a minute and then it goes away for the rest of the day (unless the truck sits for a while then you get to experience it all over again). I saved for this truck and this is my first GM product... this is hurting me more than the truck. People say don't give up so I will continue to notify my dealer. At this time I have received a transmission flush. Yes, the issue is still happening. I will call tomorrow. 

On 10/11/2018 at 5:09 AM, Jer540 said:

I just bought a used 17 chevy Silverado 5.3 6speed with 13,000 miles. When I first start up the truck it hesitates all the way up the road. After a few blocks it gets better. When I'm going 25 through my neighborhood the trans acts like it quivers. It feels weird. I dont know how to describe it. It's only under light throttle. Full throttle feels great. Any body else?

Hi, Jer540. We understand how important it is for you to have a positive vehicle ownership experience. If you’re considering visiting your servicing GM dealership, we would be happy to work alongside them, to determine if there’s anything wrong with your Silverado. We hope to hear from you soon.

Anthony J.

• 5 months later...
On 10/18/2018 at 11:31 AM, GMCustomerService said:

Hi, Jer540. We understand how important it is for you to have a positive vehicle ownership experience. If you’re considering visiting your servicing GM dealership, we would be happy to work alongside them, to determine if there’s anything wrong with your Silverado. We hope to hear from you soon.

Anthony J.

Hi, Anthony. I know it been a while since this post but if your still offering help I have a appointment with a dealer Wednesday. Let me know thank you.

Had the same exact thing and resolved it with a Hypertech MAX Energy 2.0 programmer.

I can not fix the truck wanting to go all the way to first gear when I romp on it doing 40. It aint thrown a rod thru the block yet.