My first GMC

flipper88

Howdy everyone. This is a bit of a long story but I’ll try not to put you to sleep! I just bought my First GM truck! I have always been a ford guy. In fact I just sold my last ford which was a 1996 F350 Crew cab long bed 4x4 with the 7.3l. I only do serious towing about 5 times a year so having the 1 ton and diesel didn’t really make sense. That and I’m at a point in my life where I wanted something more comfortable for longer trips. We spent the day going from dealer to dealer and looking at some private party trucks with nothing catching our eye. The only thing we knew is we wanted a ¾ ton 4x4 with a gas motor that was a crew cab and had leather within our set price.

We walk into the local Chevrolet dealer and after giving them the details they informed us that they didn’t have anything that met our needs. As we were walking out another salesman asked our guy about the GMC they had just taken in on trade. It was a one owner 2007 GMC ¾ ton crew cab short bed and was loaded with leather and all the options like console, dvd player, heated seats, etc. and here’s the best part, it only had 44k miles! As soon as I heard that I knew it was out of our price range. He said the bed was severely damaged after the original owner loaned it to a neighbor and since he wanted a new truck anyway he never had it fixed. He said they are going to order a new bed and get it all back together and ask mid 20’s for it. seeing’s how 20k was our max out the door price we thanked them for their time and walked out.

Later that day were taking a break and eating lunch and a thought occurred to me. So I called them and asked if they would entertain selling that truck before doing any of the work and what the price would be then. They said yes and we agreed on price and let’s just say it’s well below our max budget! What makes this deal better is I currently have a short bed flatbed sitting at home that I will throw on the truck in the meantime. I’ll keep my eye out for a replacement bed. Who knows maybe I’ll fall in love with the flatbed! The truck is currently at the dealer getting detailed and the new tires put on that I worked into the deal as well as their safety check. If it all works out ill have the truck by the end of this week and I’ll spend Sunday taking off the junk bed and putting on the flatbed!

Sorry for the novel, looking forward to learning a lot about this truck!

IMG_20181020_193531.jpg

IMG_20181022_133059.jpg

11 minutes ago, aseibel said:

Nice! I wish I just had a flat bed sitting around sometimes, ha!

looking forward to finished pictures.

It was like it was meant to be! I like your plow set up! Where we live the snow would be gone before you could hook up a plow lol 

Originally posted in the wrong forum section...

Howdy everyone. This is a bit of a long story but I’ll try not to put you to sleep! I just bought my First GM truck! I have always been a ford guy. In fact I just sold my last ford which was a 1996 F350 Crew cab long bed 4x4 with the 7.3l. I only do serious towing about 5 times a year so having the 1 ton and diesel didn’t really make sense. That and I’m at a point in my life where I wanted something more comfortable for longer trips. We spent the day going from dealer to dealer and looking at some private party trucks with nothing catching our eye. The only thing we knew is we wanted a ¾ ton 4x4 with a gas motor that was a crew cab and had leather within our set price.

We walk into the local Chevrolet dealer and after giving them the details they informed us that they didn’t have anything that met our needs. As we were walking out another salesman asked our guy about the GMC they had just taken in on trade. It was a one owner 2007 GMC ¾ ton crew cab short bed and was loaded with leather and all the options like console, dvd player, heated seats, etc. and here’s the best part, it only had 44k miles! As soon as I heard that I knew it was out of our price range. He said the bed was severely damaged after the original owner loaned it to a neighbor and since he wanted a new truck anyway he never had it fixed. He said they are going to order a new bed and get it all back together and ask mid 20’s for it. seeing’s how 20k was our max out the door price we thanked them for their time and walked out.

Later that day were taking a break and eating lunch and a thought occurred to me. So I called them and asked if they would entertain selling that truck before doing any of the work and what the price would be then. They said yes and we agreed on price and let’s just say it’s well below our max budget! What makes this deal better is I currently have a short bed flatbed sitting at home that I will throw on the truck in the meantime. I’ll keep my eye out for a replacement bed. Who knows maybe I’ll fall in love with the flatbed! The truck is currently at the dealer getting detailed and the new tires put on that I worked into the deal as well as their safety check. If it all works out ill have the truck by the end of this week and I’ll spend Sunday taking off the junk bed and putting on the flatbed!

Sorry for the novel, looking forward to learning a lot about this truck!

IMG_20181020_193531.jpg

• txab changed the title to My first GMC