Amjad

Question

I have 2013 Yukon slt .. the truck doesn’t start at least once twice a day.. goes complete dead.

and sometimes service theft deterent system message comes up. They changed new battery. Than they install new starter. Problem still exist.. 

mut doesn’t happen all the time .. I am so concerned and scared of taking this truck far.

it has only 68000 miles. I have already spent a lot of money? Am I covered with any kind of warranty?

please help me. It’s an expensive truck.. 

syed  kazmi

732-485-7698

3 answers to this question

It would depend upon you definition of "complete dead".  Do you mean no dome light, no door open chime when you put the key in the ignition, no dash lights when key is in ignition and turned? 

First place to check is the end of the ground cable not connected to battery for any corrosion.  Pay particular attention to the lug that is crimped on.  If the insulation looks like it is bulging cut the plastic and see if it is full of powder and if it is, either replace the cable or cut 6 inches off the cable and replace the lug. 

Yes..you loose everything when you turn or rotate the ignition key. But it works fine 2nd or 3rd time.that makes me very nervous..

its only when you rotate the key..

I don’t see any corrosion or anything but will make sure it’s clean.. Now GM  DEALER is asking a lot of money to analyze.. funny part is this that’s it’s not happening all the time..

am I under any kind of warranty since it has  only 68000 miles..

thanks for your prompt reply 

Syed Kazmi

That sounds like a bad connection to me.  Take a good look at the ground connection. 

Try turning the key on and then wiggle it around to see if you can make it lose everything.  

Your truck can be 6 years old now, you are very likely out of all the warranties.  The warranty that would have covered this would have expired 3 years and 32,000 miles ago.  If you purchased this truck new, did you happen to purchase extended warranty?