Sierra 1500 3" front & 3" rear leveling kits

Hey all,

I'm sure I'm missing something, but I've looked and looked through threads trying to find someone who has installed a leveling kit that I'm looking at.  I have a 2015 Sierra 1500 4x4 and want to do a 3" front & 3" rear leveling kit.  Anyone out there done this?  Got any pics?  Thank you!

20181013_094730.jpg

Edited by Mac219

No, you may be able to buy a Chinese amazon 3" spacer but most are 2.5" or 2.75" for the fronts. The reason being that any larger and the Upper Control Arm angle is too severe for the ball joints and will tear them up and the truck will ride like crap. Even many people running a 2.5" kit swap the UCA for aftermarket units. 3" in the back is no problem with shock extensions. Look for a quality 2.5" kit or you have to make the jump to a 4" suspension lift or larger to do it properly. 

• Like 1

I have a Superlift 3.5" kit on my 2018.  It comes with new UCA with MOOG ball joints, strut spacers,spacers to drop the diff, 2" rear blocks, and new rear shocks.

2018 truck3.jpg

Edited by dougwtx

8 hours ago, dougwtx said:

I have a Superlift 3.5" kit on my 2018.  It comes with new UCA with MOOG ball joints, strut spacers,spacers to drop the diff, 2" rear blocks, and new rear shocks.

2018 truck3.jpg

I see your in S.E. Michigan, may I ask where you had your bumpers vinyl wrapped and are you happy with how they turned out?  Also what would I be looking at for cost. Been wanting to get mine done but don't no anyone who does it.

11 minutes ago, SSchup said:

I see your in S.E. Michigan, may I ask where you had your bumpers vinyl wrapped and are you happy with how they turned out?  Also what would I be looking at for cost. Been wanting to get mine done but don't no anyone who does it.

I had Performance Tint in Livonia do the wrap and front windows tint.  If I recall, I think the wrap for both bumpers ran around $300.  They did a great job of wrapping them.  

I was going to have Notorious Tintz in Livonia do the tint and wrap but they were nearly $200-300 more for the wrap.

The wrap has held up better than expected.  I've put over 15k on it since the wrap and there may only be a couple of slightly larger than pin head spots where rocks hit it and exposed the chrome underneath.  I drive mostly highway and surprised how well it has held up.  It goes through automated car washes nearly weekly and see no signs of peeling.

1 hour ago, dougwtx said:

I had Performance Tint in Livonia do the wrap and front windows tint.  If I recall, I think the wrap for both bumpers ran around $300.  They did a great job of wrapping them.  

I was going to have Notorious Tintz in Livonia do the tint and wrap but they were nearly $200-300 more for the wrap.

The wrap has held up better than expected.  I've put over 15k on it since the wrap and there may only be a couple of slightly larger than pin head spots where rocks hit it and exposed the chrome underneath.  I drive mostly highway and surprised how well it has held up.  It goes through automated car washes nearly weekly and see no signs of peeling.

Wow, that's  a great price. I'm about 45 minutes northwest of Livonia,  I'll give them a call tomorrow . Did you remove the bumpers or did they do them in place? I kind of thought I would have to take them off to make it easier. 

Just now, SSchup said:

Wow, that's  a great price. I'm about 45 minutes northwest of Livonia,  I'll give them a call tomorrow . Did you remove the bumpers or did they do them in place? I kind of thought I would have to take them off to make it easier. 

They wrapped them with the bumpers in place.  I may have got a great deal as I think I was their first customer with a late model GM to get the bumpers wrapped.  It took them several hours to complete the job so they may have underestimated the work required when they gave me the quote over the phone.