What is normal transmission temperature?

Hello,

What should the normal transmission temperature be for a 2011 Chevy Silverado (not 4x4)?  My gauge (on the right-hand side of my dash) always shows the temperature as straight-up 210.  But, when I press the button on the left-hand side of the dash and check the transmission temperature control there, it showed about 159 degrees (F) this morning.  Why don't these two match?  Should they?  What should the "normal" temperature be?  I am in Texas.  Right now, the temperature outside is about 32 degrees (F).  I had my transmission rebuilt about a year ago with the Chevy dealership.  I have about 117,000 miles on it now.  Yes, I have read my manual - it's not very specific on this matter.  I do a lot of highway driving (almost every day), so I need to make sure I am OK and don't get stranded somewhere.  Please help!

Thanks in advance!!

Valerie 

Edited by Valerie

22 hours ago, Valerie said:

My gauge (on the right-hand side of my dash) always shows the temperature as straight-up 210.  But, when I press the button on the left-hand side of the dash and check the transmission temperature control there, it showed about 159 degrees (F) this morning.  Why don't these two match? 

They don't match because the gauge on the dash (right hand side) is the engine temperature gauge...normal temp on it is around 210°F

Transmission temp is shown when scrolling through digital readout on the DIC.  159° is in the normal range for regular driving...towing or hauling will cause the transmission to work harder, causing the temp to go up some.  The temp you are seeing, 159°, is well within the normal range

dyq2pd.jpg

• Like 1