Fuel pump went out after 3000 miles

Hey everyone, just bought a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 with the 5.3. I have had it for about 3 weeks and put 3500 miles on it. Today it started throwing codes and went into limp mode. The codes were P0090 and C0242. Talked to the dealer and come to find out my fuel pump went bad. This truck is used on our farm in pretty dusty conditions. At least 75% off road driving on gravel roads or through fields. The dealer is blaming the cap less fuel filler and says after 3 new fuel pumps they’ll try to convert it to a standard gas cap filler. Anyone else have these issues or codes popping up?

Hopefully you just had a fluck of a fuel pump does happen. Can't say i had the same issue but i never cared for the cap less filler. im from the Midwest and drive on a lot of back roads and gravel and i ended up just going to lowes and getting a pipe cover 2.5 will fit good and snug won't fall off by no means keep the filling area clean and don't see it causing issues now in my opinion.. Plus if you're from a area that gets snow it will at least keep the hole cover so when that area get filled with snow water won't be getting water in to the system as well. Only does that in blizzard and 40 mph winds at least in my experience. GM does make a locking cover but it a bit of a pain and lock breaks very easy missed the old set up on that one.