Clunk/Thud noise drivers door

I have a 2016 Z crew cab, when I shut the drivers door there is a loud clunk rattle noise I don't hear while driving or going over bumps, had the trim panel off 3 times could not locate problem, I did notice when I had the window down about a 1/2 inch or so the noise was gone, anyone else experience this-thanks for the help.

Thank you for your concern Anthony, but unfortunately this part of my warranty has expired, I am going to have to deal with this myself, I was checking in with the folks here to find out if anyone had the same experience or a fix. I am leaning toward a faulty window regulator they are expensive so just wanted to be sure.

• 1 month later...

You know, I hear something such as that in my 2015 when I go to open the door for the first time after the truck has sat for a while. Almost sounds like the noise is coming from the rear of the truck maybe under the bed somewhere. Haven't cared enough yet to see what it does with the window down as I just got the truck and it's cold outside. 

I did that on my first attempt, no luck, then on my fourth attempt I took out the entire window regulator, didn't see any problems with it added thin rubber washers to each mounting stud, wrapped the motor with thin foam rubber, there is a fair amount of side to side movement of the window glass in the run channel so I slid the glass back about 3/16 of an inch, this took away about 90% of the noise, I still couldn't say what is causing the problem, but it is better, I have also had wind noise issues with this door which I have been chasing for several months I can tell this door frame has been bent to try and resolve this problem ( I am the second owner) if had to guess I would say this is a bad door shell and needs to be replaced at this point, took it to the dealer when it was under warranty they said it is "normal"