Does anyone have any experience installing one of the AMI swing step's? 

https://www.amazon.com/All-Sales-19285GK-Gloss-Powder/dp/B00W5SIH7S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1545010536&sr=8-1&keywords=ami+swing+step+grille+guard#customerReviews

They're relatively cheap, have a little more function then most bull bars, and look a little better then the standard bull bar imo. Just wondering if anyone has actually seen and better yet installed one. Thanks in advance. 

Yep. Installed one on my 2017 Silverado 2500HD. I can only speak to the installation for that specific truck. 

The included brackets and hardware were not correct. AMI had to make me new brackets (.5" longer and taller}. I needed more spacers which requires a longer bolt than the reused factory tow hook thru bolt. After that, it installed just fine. 

My other complaint had to do with the finish on the horizontal bars. That stuff started coming off within a few days. I ended up completely disassembling the thing, sanding and spraying the horizontal bars with truck bed liner. That has proven very durable. 

Any other questions, just ask. 

BTW: the guys from AMI told me that they designed the swing step using the GMC as their model. Perhaps they fit the first-time on a GMC. 

Edited by paracutin

Just now, paracutin said:

Yep. Installed one on my 2017 Silverado 2500HD. I can only speak to the installation for that specific truck. 

The included brackets and hardware were not correct. AMI had to make me new brackets (.5" longer and taller}. I needed more spacers which requires a longer bolt than the reused factory tow hook thru bolt. After that, it installed just fine. 

My other complaint had to do with the finish on the horizontal bars. That stuff started coming off within a few days. I ended up completely disassembling the thing, sanding and spraying the horizontal bars with truck bed liner. That has proven very durable. 

Any other questions, just ask. 

Were you able to keep your tow hooks? One f150 review I read said that was the big plus to the step but sounds too good to be true to me.

What finish do you have?

Any pics? 

I was able to keep my tow hooks. 

I had the gloss black finish. 

I traded the truck about a month ago and I never took any pics. 

I really liked the product but it took 4 weeks to get the proper parts to install it correctly. That being said, AMI was very helpful in resolving my issues. However, I feel they were issues that could have been avoided if they had designed it using the vehicle it was being sold to fit. 

What truck are you looking to install it on? 

Edited by paracutin

1 minute ago, paracutin said:

I was able to keep my tow hooks. 

I had the gloss black finish. 

I traded the truck about a month ago and I never took any pics. 

I really liked the product but it took 4 weeks to get the proper parts to install it correctly. 

What truck are you looking to install it on? 

Thank for the responses. I'm thinking about installing it on my 2017 sierra.