AMP Power steps

I just purchased power steps and will be installing tomorrow. I was wondering if you have to or should I say is there a reason that you need to cut 6 inches off the steps to fit the double cab? I was thinking that if it extended to the front of the rear wheel well that it would be useful to aid getting things that slide to the front of bed and hard to reach.  Also you won't have to buy that incredibly high priced side bed step. Has anyone tried this and has a obvious reason that I am overlooking? Thanks for any input including boy are you dumb. I'm not one to get defensive over such trivial matters. So keep your insults for someone like me and not Mr or Mrs. Sensitive . Hey Happy New Year and may you stay healthy and prosper.

I have a crew cab with power steps so I didn’t have to cut them. 

Installing the actual steps to the arms is like one of the last steps.

Put the steps up to the arms and see if they will clear the rear wheel when they fold in. I’m guessing they won’t and you will mangle the Setup.

Will do . I haven't  opened the box yet so I didn't get a measurement on how long they are, from videos on utube  they show steps only  lining up with the rear door and the gap of the bed so it looks like there maybe a little room to play with  I guess I will be finding out soon enough.  We're you happy  with them and what you expected ? Thanks

I'm pretty sure the double cab and the crew cab part numbers are the same. I have a crew cab and I installed the app steps last year. While I didn't have to cut mine, I remember something about having to cut them if you have a double cab. As far as your question of leaving it on to get something out you could try it. Im sure depending on where the arms are in the back, the added strain of the rails after the back arm would be greater.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It might be just how they’ve mocked them up.  I see nothing in the way that would keep them from binding up in the bed side.  

The way they mount mount I could see it may be an issue if the bed flexed from the cab and possibly bent the steps that’s about it.  Once you put them up you’ll see it.  However I’m sure they’re easy as pie to cut as they are aluminum.   A dremel or a hacksaw well get you going quickly.

Yea I hear what your saying about the flex and putting to much strain on the end of the board. I just came in from putting them on. Everything went pretty smooth. I just have to put the lights on , cut the boards and hook up the obd2 splitter . I bought that cause I needed another port for the Range.  The truck came with 8 cylinders and I like to use them all. Thanks for the feed back guys

I got the steps on without cutting them. There is about a inch of clearance between the step when folded up and the bottom of the bed. I stood on the end and they didn't seem to flex at all, I weigh about 220. The only problem I am having is after the truck is turned off for more than 5 min I have to disconnect the obd2 connector and re plug it to get the boards working again? AMP support closed on weekends and west coast so I will give them a call to see what's up with that unless someone here has a solution.